1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by buffaloaf, Jun 21, 2002.

1. buffaloaf

buffaloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at Energy Connoisseur and Paradigm Monitor series speakers. Going to go with either the top of each line's floorstanders or one notch down and their center and surround. Probably going with a velodyne sub but could be M&K or something else or no sub at all to start. Mostly interested in musicality but will obviously also use for HT. Any opinions out there on the relative strength and weaknesses of these lines. Would also welcome any other recommendations of what to listen to. Have heard both of the floorstanders and am very impressed at this price break. Unfortunately I cannot ab compare theme in this area.
    Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You may have picked the wrong forum as I have never heard of Energy Connoisseur and I don't think that Paradigm have sold their Monitor series in UK.

3. buffaloaf

buffaloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ian,
    I did not realize this forum was exclusive to the UK. If that is correct I do apologize. Energy and Paradigm are both Canadian manufacturers. The Paradigm Monitors have been around awhile but the Energy Conn. are relatively new. They are fairly available in the US but dealers can be difficult to find especially for auditioning specific combinations hence the request for opinions.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    buffaloaf

The forum has members from all over the world but the majority are UK based.

The Paradigm distributor in the UK mainly sells their subwoofers and not much else (the current distributor is due to be changed apparently).

Not come across the Energy Connoisseur myself either.

Hopefully someone maybe able to help you.:)

Regards

Jase

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The forum is UK based but isn't exclusive to the UK as we have quite a few overseas members. One of the UK stores is the exclusive distributor for Paradigm over here but they only bring over the budget range plus subwoofers.

If you want to know about M&K or Boston we can help you with that :D

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr Buffaloaf,
    May I suggest that you fly the flag and have a look at the Wharfdale range of speakers and subwoofers. They have an excellent range to choose from.

7. buffaloaf

buffaloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to thank everybody for the advice and opinions. You've given me a lot to think about and investigate.