Looking For One Cable That Supports Mutable Audio And Video Types

JustinBan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I am trying to find a cable that I can run between my couch and TV (~25') that I can run many sources through like HDMI, VGA, DVI, Component, Composite, 3.5mm audio, Component audio, and maybe others like Displayport. I want to have the sources on the couch sometimes like laptops and some other things, like audio from a phone but I don't want lots of cables running across the ceiling. So I am trying to find a cable with as many of these connections as possible. I have seen Cables To Go "Rapidrun" cables but they are expensive and can only have 2 or 3 sources in each cable and require different $30-$40 connectors for each set of source types. So I guess I am looking for a cheaper alternative. Maybe a good way to sleeve the cable, I just don't know.

Thanks for any suggestions

Justin

Not possible.

You either run the individual cables or you have a box close to the Sources which converts the various signals to run down one cable type - the converter box is going to be in £1k+ category and won't cover all of your requirements.

What are the various 'plug in' Sources you are looking to cater for?

Joe

Sleeving is an option. either the expanding braid type or the spiral wind. Both of which are fairly easy to fit. just think about all the sources you might need, as fitting extra cables is a pain.

You could think about some wireless options for some sources. Bluetooth for the audio, that sort of thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom