Question Looking for new TV 4K, HDR 49"/50"

Seithennin

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking for some community advice on taking my current TV short list to a priority sequence if not a final selection. I am looking for a 4K HDR 49/50" Tv for my bedroom (living at home with parents still...) for films, tv, netflix etc & PS4 gaming. Not that bothered about sport. Looking at a budget around the £1000 mark (initially I was looking at 500/600 but it looks like stretching the budget will get me a lot more).
So my current short list through reading reviews etc is:

Samsung UE49KS7000
Samsung UE49KU6470
Panasonic TX50DX750B
Panasonic TX50DX802

So what do people think? Any thing I need to remove/add from that short list? A priority sequence to look at? It is my hopes that I will be able to grab a bargain in the black Friday sales this year so new shiney gaming goodness in time for Christmas!

Many thanks, Matt

All are good TVs in there own right, you get what you pay for with each one.

KS7000 is worth it if you want to use HDR.
KU6400 is okay but has 24p judder in movies. See: Judder-free 24p on TVs
DX-750 is the same as the Samsung without the good HDR.
DX-800 is the same more or less as the DX-750 except it has a twin tuner and separate sound bar.

Hi Dodge,
Thanks for the quick reply, when you say the two panas are the same as the samsung are you referring to the 7000 or the 6400? A lot of the reviews I have read seem to put the standard picture quality as very similar, is that correct in your experience? If you were to put those 4 in a 1st to last positioning, how would you rank them?

Just to add to the information request, what are peoples opinions on sound bars? and UHD Blu ray players? Wondering if I might be able to splash out and go for a full package upgrade and save some extra monies!

I meant the Panasonics HDR aside are pretty much on par with the KS7000. The KS7000 is the best buy especially for gaming+ HDR.

Not sure if the deal is still going but you used to be able to get a half price UHD Blu-ray player with a Samsung TV. That would be pushing your budget though.

No idea about sound bars I'm afraid, only that the Panasonic DX-802 has one attached to it.

Right thanks for that, that's the cheaper Samsung eliminated from the short list and my short list is prioritised as:

Samsung KS7000
Panasonic 802
Panasonic 750

I think one or two places are still doing that deal, I will start shopping around, reviews seem to place that samsung drive as a pretty decent one...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom