• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Looking for new surround headphones..and possibly a converter

techiem2

Novice Member
I'm in the market for a new pair of surround headphones, but have been having a terrible time trying to find what I need due to my strange setup.

Here's the deal:
I'm using a set of 3 Behringer Eurorack Pro RX1602 mixers to take audio from a variety of sources (2 computers feeding out analog 5.1 audio, 2 digital to analog 5.1 converters sending from the HDMI matrix switch to the mixers for game console audio, a couple stereo sources, etc.) and outputting to my Logitech 5.1 Surround speaker set as well as my current headphones (old Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA2 surround headset - it has served me well but it's starting to wear out).
(Like I said, it's a rather strange setup)

So to summarize that:

Multiple 5.1 Analog Surround Sources -> 3 Stereo mixers
3 Stereo Mixers -> Analog 5.1 Speakers and Headphones

The problem of course, is that nobody seems to be producing surround headsets anymore that take analog inputs (or if they are, I haven't been able to find them).
So I'm looking either for a set of headphones with at least 5.1 surround analog input, or a set with some sort of digital surround input and a way to convert my analog surround output to the digital surround input to run the headphones.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Mark II

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom