Looking for new cd player

What2Choose

Standard Member
Hi, I'm looking buy a decent CD player. Budget of £100-£200.

I've been using a DVD player to play CD's and it's sort of broke.

Setup is Denon AVR2106 and KEF KHT 2005.2 speakers.

I've been looking at Denon DCD-510AE, Yamaha CD-S300 and like the look of them.
I don't much about the quality of them so help with this would be great.

Any other recommendations would be great.

Jimholt

Novice Member
To tell you the truth for that price you may as well get another dvd player and save your money. Just buy a cheap dvd player and then home demo a cd player and see if it makes a difference in sound.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
The Denon and Yamaha are acceptable quality for the price, and I don't think you would be disappointed with either. Both are trusted brand names. If I were recommending CD in the suggested price range, these would probably be the first two I listed.

Onkyo makes a couple of CD player that are under £200 (Onkyo C7030).

The Marantz CD5004 fall within the price range, though most would recommend the CD6004, which unfortunately is over your price range. Still I've read good reviews of the CD5003, and would expect the quality to be very consistent with the price.

The Harman Kardon HD980 is at the top of your range, but should be pretty good. I have a Harman Universal DVD and a separate Harman Universal BluRay player and I'm very satisfied with the quality and the sound of both.

That should expand your list of choices, though there is nothing wrong with the two you suggested.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom