• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for new car stereo

wsmhustler

My old stereo is giving up the ghost!

I'm looking for something that I can play my iPod Touch through as that is where my whole collection is stored. I also listen to Talksport quite a bit so having a radio is key as well.

Haven't really got a budget but would obviously like something that is good quality/has good reviews at a competitive price.

Anyone know of anything out there that they can recommend?

wsmhustler

Also, I forgot to mention that I would like it to have Bluetooth capability as I would want it to connect to my Nokia E71 and be used as a hands free kit

DirectiveFour

From what you have said Id go for a Pioneer deh-p7100bt you can pick them up for less than 200 quid.

Ive had one, they are made for ipods have built in parrot bluetooth which is good quality. It is single din which is the only reason I swapped it for a double din unit as I prefer bigger displays.

wsmhustler

From what you have said Id go for a Pioneer deh-p7100bt you can pick them up for less than 200 quid.

Ive had one, they are made for ipods have built in parrot bluetooth which is good quality. It is single din which is the only reason I swapped it for a double din unit as I prefer bigger displays.

Thanks for the information, what is the "din" of the unit and what impact does this have operationally?

DirectiveFour

The din is basically the size of the unit, single din being smaller and the more "classic" size. Double din are bigger usually newer cars

The difference is preference, no impact on functionality really

wsmhustler

Ok cheers, although having looked at some reviews of the headunit they don't look too favourable? Is there anything else out there that could be suitable for me?

DirectiveFour

Ok cheers, although having looked at some reviews of the headunit they don't look too favourable? Is there anything else out there that could be suitable for me?

Reviews Ive read are positive, search these forums theres a few owners of them too who seem happy :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom