Looking for Mp3 player.

The noise cancelling does nothing far as i can tell, i think its a money making gimmick, besides which if you make a quick buck by bundling some cheap ear phones at an inflated price with a player you then wouldn't want to sell them widely because the reviews would be bad.
I'm a bit wise to Sony, they're skilled at dressing up crap and making it sound good.
Testing the player, im not impressed by the sound, the touch screen is unpredictable responsive and the battery symbol which was nearly full is now on the last marking after less than 30 minutes of playing.
So i've put it on charging well see in 4 hours.
Read my previous postings on the subject...The noise cancelling . certainly work for me in trains and planes and noisy cafes . obviously, they will not appear to work, when there is no noise to cancel. Now I have responded honestly to all your questions and have given the best advice I can, but if you are determined to be disgruntled, then there is nothing more to be said.
As I have both a A25 and an A35 not an A45, it is evident that I am a satisfied consumer.

Last edited:
That's a bit rude and angry. "determined to be disgruntled" that's appallingly childish, defensive and dishonest. My experience of the NW A45 isn't a personnel affront to you, or criticism of you.
My experience of the NW A45 is my experience of the NW A45. That's reality. No point having a site like this if experiences of technology weren't different, and no point posting responses if at the end of the day you have to be agreed with. My advice to you is go and have a massive cry and get over it.

I have not taken it personally. Your experience of the A45 is negligible, but since I don't have one more than mine. I have extensive experience of the nw750 ear phones and the A25 and more limited but highly satisfactory experience with the A35 , with which I am pleased.
However if you read more objectively what you have written, you might come to the same conclusion I came to.
You have complained about the construction of, the price and the performance of nw500 ,using indaquate data eg without including import duty and carriage costs, . You have ignored, as irrelevant, the single major selling point which is the noise cancelling .
Now I don't know what type of music you are playing in the A45, whether it is FLAC or MP3, but this will matter,as if the source is poor the sound will also be poor. Silk purses and sows ears etc.
My experience is that using either of the three headsets I mentioned and with good quality source material, of the type I enjoy, the results are stunningly good.

Take it easy, it's not like you own Sony ?.

So, yes you don't own the Sony NW A45 player or the Sony IER-NW500N ear phones, so you have no experiential knowledge of them, i do, and if a piece of Audio technology is not up to scratch then it's often obvious pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what your beef is, your over wrought about nothing except somebody's experience of something you have no experience of.

Relax it's not worth it, especially when you are hopelessly in the wrong. :D

Solved.
I connected my old Sennheiser cx 300 II ( costs £30 now ) to the NW A45, the sound gain - body, quality, depth and clarity - noticeably better, and i mean noticeably. That's noticeably better than the ear phones - Sony IER-NW500N - that Sony claim are dedicated to the NW A45 for quality of sound and charge £100 for.
I new it was a mistake to buy Sony.
Case Closed.

Maybe . However . I use the senn cx5.00 g version , which would have been probably 3 times the price of the Sen cx 3.00 and is a stable mate of the momentum ear bud, and uses the same diaphragm. I think it was relatively new in 2016.
Like I have previously said my experience is with the ne750 which are excellent. You do have a number of options in the setup menu and can both set up or avoid noise cancelling and then have different levels of cancelling. If you don't need it then switch it off .

Last edited:
I suspect the moral of the story is not to expect top-notch sound quality with any earbuds bundled with a player regardless of the brand.
I certainly wouldn't.

I suspect the moral of the story is not to expect top-notch sound quality with any earbuds bundled with a player regardless of the brand.
I certainly wouldn't.
That might be wise, but only these ear buds will achieve noise cancelling, so I remain unconvinced that they are not fit for purpose. Sony have full control over the product range, and make these in their highest range of noise cancelling music player. .. Their ZX range at five times the price don't include noise cancelling and don't include ear phones. I don't see why Sony would have offered sub par phones, at what is an added price of 100 over the base price of the player.
As I have said previously, the ne750 , which were bundled with my machine are fit for purpose, and compare favourably with Senn CX5.00 , which would retail at about the same price.

I'm inclined to think it's a lot of effort to stay in the Sony ecosystem. The passive noise isolation in ear monitor market is proven and with wide choice.

Noise cancelling in ears are behind noise cancelling (full size) headphones

I'm inclined to think it's a lot of effort to stay in the Sony ecosystem. The passive noise isolation in ear monitor market is proven and with wide choice.

Noise cancelling in ears are behind noise cancelling (full size) headphones
Not sure. The passive isolation units are ok. But the active in ear ones are better,and provides a better noise floor. They have all the advantages of the the passive in blocking sound , by the ear bungs,and then some. You will hear the drone of an aircraft through even good in ear phones , but it is much muted with the active cancelling. And with the full overear headsets, there is more recieved vibration, because the area of the cup is so much bigger
Just look at the price of any of the brand name full size over ear phones, and the duration of the battery life and the Sony units start looking to be very good value. It is not as if you are constricted to just using the Sony NC earbuds. One could use any of the other brands of NC full side headphones and use their internal NC electronics and batteries, Indeed the Nw series can work with any brand of blue tooth phones and with their LDAC , give the hi Res treatment.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom