1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for mail order camera store - Japan.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by boostii, Jun 20, 2003.

1. boostii

boostii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a newly released digital camera (Minolta) bought in UK but some of the accessories I want are only available in Japan at the moment. I have tried Google for the part numbers and all the stores come up in Japanese. Looking for some place with an english language front end. Very grateful for any suggestions :)

2. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Might be worth trying Price Japan if you don't mind the price premium. Very helpful with PJ (and other electrical) purchases. Dunno if they can help, but just a thought....

3. boostii

boostii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks - but I've not heard of Price Japan - any details? I have since found a couple of other places in English but they seem to have quite limited stock.

4. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    www.pricejapan.com

Just write to mail@pricejapan.com asking in simple english about whether they can help you source your item (describe the manuf. and model number) and they will get back to you with either a yay or nay and presumably a price quote.

I think their markup is 5%.

I haven't bought from them personally, but there are a lot of people in the LCD/DLP PJ forum that have and I've yet to find anybody who has anything bad to say about them.

As I said, don't know if they can help, but if you want something from Japan and intend to import they'd certainly be my choice because of the excellent feedback I've read.