• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for Klipsch Image S4 replacements

Lucible

Standard Member
Hello,
I've had my S4s for quite a while and been very very pleased with them, having seen them recommended by people on this site. Unfortunately, they were killed by a little incident involving my Dad's car and are now crushed.

So I'm after a new pair of headphones to replace them.

I'm looking for a similar kind of headphone but perhaps with a little less bass? I enjoyed the bass of the S4s but on occassions found it a bit too overbearing and seemed to blitz the treble.

I've got around £50 to spend, can go over if it makes a significant difference.

So please can you advise. Thanks in advance!

Lucible

Standard Member
I shall look into these suggestions thanks. Will the Phonak's thus be more revealing on lower quality tracks? I'm going to need to sort my music out.
That is to say, most of my music is just fine but there's the odd few tracks that need repurchasing.

Would it be better, value for money, to go for something over-ear? I've heard great things about the Goldring NS1000s?

Last edited:

Member 266567

The better the headphones the more detail you will hear with any quality of track, but obviously re-ripping (or repurchasing) at a higher bitrate will mean the music will sound clearer (less muddy and crunchy in the midrange).

eastman3000

Hi - Probably a question directed at "Hifi Headphones" chaps.

Can you recommend something like the The Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass 012 but dont loop around your ears. A set of in- ear headphones with that plug straight into your ears without looping wires etc.

Many thanks:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom