• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for input on a new reciever

LOTEEZY

Novice Member
Looking for some input on which receiver to buy to power my speakers I recently acquired. I'll be hooking up two DT Mythos 5 Towers, a DT mythos 7, Two DT Mythos Gem and a DT0031 Sub. I've been looking at the Denon AVRX1600H, the Denon AVR-S950H, the Sony STRDN1080, or the Yamaha RX-A680BL. Will be used primarily for watching movies and some occasional Gaming. Kind of new to all the terminology and just looking for some input from people that know more than me. will be Hooking up to a 75" TV. The room is roughly 12x20. thanks!

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
As you live in US look some deals if Costco still sells Yamaha TSR-7850 which is almost same model as A780! You can still find it through Amazon, ask the seller about warranty. I would pass the A680 model though as it´s basically same as RX-V585. The model below has preouts for main speakers if you want to add better amplification in future, better version of YPAO etc.
Amazon product

Even refurbished A780 costs 100$ more (1,5y warranty).

For the Denon i would consider the X2600H as minium if possible. 1year warranty on this.

Sony is 2017 model and has some limitations/bugs..

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom