1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for info. on Sony VPH-1040QM

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BBD, Mar 13, 2001.

1. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been offered the long term loan of a Sony VPH-1040QM CRT projector. I plan to have a go at installing the projector myself in a converted garage home cinema room. I have the installation manual for the projector but no user instructions or specifications. I've had a look around on the web including the Sony site and can't find any info. can anybody help?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    From what I can gather it's a Video standard projector. It's fitted with a video decoder baord for composite and s-video signals plus RGBandsync.

As it's limited to Video signals standards you can forget HCPC nad line doubling etc. On a relatively small screen, sat a fair bit back you will hopefully find it hard to see scan line structure. I suspect that if you've never seen large front projection systems you are going to be very happy.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !