looking for in ear headphone similair quality to px100

toxic mango

Sorry for another can you please help me, however whilst one can test a product when it comes to ear phones there is not an opportunity to test them and once you buy and use them it is difficult to return it.

Basically I have a set of PX100 which I use on my Monolith Premium MP3 player & Sony cd player. I like the bass that I get from this however due to the open nature of the headphones when I commute fellow travellers also get to hear my selection of music. Whilst I inted to use the px1000 for the gym, I need an in ear headphones for the daily commuting.

As such I am looking for in ear head phones which sound similar to the px100. My budget is approx £40

Any advice/experiences would be deeply appreciated

Thanks in advance

Do you want isolation or non? Non-isolation I like the sony 21 and 31's check them out on Amazon for £12 Sony MDR-ED21LP or I hear the 31's are slightly better sound wise. I can't beat them at the mo for non-isolating in-ear. For isolation and within your price range the new Senn in ear isolated (on this site somewhere). Or for in between why not jump up to the px200. You will lose the airy sound but the isolation from other passengers is better.

toxic mango

Reano said:
Do you want isolation or non? Non-isolation I like the sony 21 and 31's check them out on Amazon for £12 Sony MDR-ED21LP or I hear the 31's are slightly better sound wise. I can't beat them at the mo for non-isolating in-ear. For isolation and within your price range the new Senn in ear isolated (on this site somewhere). Or for in between why not jump up to the px200. You will lose the airy sound but the isolation from other passengers is better.

Between isolation and non whcih gives the better overall sound. Not 2 keen on the px200 and prefer an in ear head phone. Priority os good bass and clean mid range

For me non-isolated (closed back) e.g. headphones like Senn HD600/650, grado's open give very good natural sound. If you want good clean bass check out the thread on senn cx300 I posted a review from the headfi forum. The Sony 21's are only £12 so always worth a try not sure if they compare with the 100's as I don't have them but the 200's.

It depends how much you want to hear whats going on around you? If I had the choice at work I would wear the isolated ones all the time (discreet, good sound, very good bass) but I wear the Sony 21's as well so I can hear people.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom