Looking for ideas and suggestion whole house setup

GnsNRealEstate

Novice Member
Hello,

New to this forum and completely new to Audio/Video home setups. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section?
My wife and I are purchasing a new home, it's a complete fixer and we figured might as well wire the houses and get it ready for speakers and surround sound.

I will be doing the complete remodel myself and while I have walls opened I want to get things setup and ready for us. I am looking for suggestions and advise for a complete newbie. I drew up a quick sketch of my home layout. In the living room I am looking to add surround sound speakers along with speakers just for audio. I'd like to have speakers in all rooms, bedrooms, kitchen, family, etc and have a controller in every room, be able to control wirelessly or both.
If two people wanted to play different types of music in separate rooms, how would I need to set this up?

As mentioned, I am completely new and looking for any and all suggestions or advice.

Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

hamster3

Wouldn't something like Google or an Echo in each room be the easiest/cheapest way? or some Bluetooth speakers connected to phones for control?

IWC Dopplel

I think you need to speak to an integrated audio installer. The reality is it needs planning a lot of wiring and isn’t cheap. The concept is easy the enactment less so

Seriously Ltd

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello,

New to this forum and completely new to Audio/Video home setups. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section?
My wife and I are purchasing a new home, it's a complete fixer and we figured might as well wire the houses and get it ready for speakers and surround sound.

I will be doing the complete remodel myself and while I have walls opened I want to get things setup and ready for us. I am looking for suggestions and advise for a complete newbie. I drew up a quick sketch of my home layout. In the living room I am looking to add surround sound speakers along with speakers just for audio. I'd like to have speakers in all rooms, bedrooms, kitchen, family, etc and have a controller in every room, be able to control wirelessly or both.
If two people wanted to play different types of music in separate rooms, how would I need to set this up?

As mentioned, I am completely new and looking for any and all suggestions or advice.

Thank you in advanced.
Please feel free to contact us.
Regards
[email protected]

Top Bottom