• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for help with hooking up Z5500 through Optical Cable/Splitter

Catsi

Standard Member
Hi, I've recently bought a Logitech Z5500 sound system and I'd like to hook it up to my dvd player, xbox elite and Samsung LCD TV.

I've been told that optical cable is the best thing for the job, and that I'll need an optical cable for each device and for the sound system (so that's 4) and an optical switch in order to swap between the devices.

I did some research on Amazon and found the items below. Are they good quality or am I just buying crap? Am I even doing the right thing with this? I'm not too good with A/V subjects and any help would be fantastic. I was told unless i went through Coax or Optical i won't get the 5.1 surround sound my system is capable of.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cable from Z5500 to splitter:
Fisual Digital Optical Toslink Cable - 5m Special: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

3 Cables for connection to devices
Fisual Digital Optical Cable - 1m - Pro Install Series: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Optical Splitter
Ex-Pro Optical TOSlink SPDIF Splitter - 3 Port with LED: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

tinmanuk

Established Member
I'm also looking at a toslink adapter, can anyone recommend and do they use normal optical cables or do I need a special one :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom