Question Looking for Help on Finding the Best TV on Budget.

Arni

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

So my trusted 50" Samsung plasma died after about 7,5 years running. Now in the market for a new one, but not got a idea what would be good. First was after an OLED but prices are high and seem to have issues with Screenburn (same kids tv shows logos), Playstation left on for hours on same games.

Size wise would like to go for 65". Budget wise max be around £1500 (if need be can stretch a bit more about 10%). And low input lag to be able to game on.

Currently getting by on our bedroom tv thats Samsung UE40MU6400 that im quite happy with.

So what would people recommend and why? Thanks

OLEDs do not have an issue with screen burn any more than Plasma TVs had. In fact they deal with it much better than Plasma TVs.

Unless you have screen burn in on your current TV or you plan on changing your vieiwng habits to have a lot of static images I see no reason to to exempt an OLED.

Now if you wanted to go larger and not pay as much as for a 65" OLED then you should first choose which panel type suits you most from a TV. With LCD TVs there is no perfect one-size-fits-all recommendation as it depends on usage. One TV with an IPS panel will be very different from one with a VA panel.

I wrote a guide here: Which panel type should I choose for my TV?

Every TV has low enough input lag to game on, so I would not factor input lag into your decision.

Here is also a best buy guide which categorises TVs based on which panel you think is best for you: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

Hello all.

So my trusted 50" Samsung plasma died after about 7,5 years running. Now in the market for a new one, but not got a idea what would be good. First was after an OLED but prices are high and seem to have issues with Screenburn (same kids tv shows logos), Playstation left on for hours on same games.

Size wise would like to go for 65". Budget wise max be around £1500 (if need be can stretch a bit more about 10%). And low input lag to be able to game on.

Currently getting by on our bedroom tv thats Samsung UE40MU6400 that im quite happy with.

So what would people recommend and why? Thanks

General Buying Tips

My head is spinning after all this :(

Best TV 65"-70" upto £1000 is.... & Why?
Best TV 65"-70" upto £1500 is... & Why?
Best TV 65"-70" upto £2000 is.... & Why?

Been to Currys again, seen QLED looks nice compared to other sets next to it...

My head is spinning after all this :(

Best TV 65"-70" upto £1000 is.... & Why?
Best TV 65"-70" upto £1500 is... & Why?
Best TV 65"-70" upto £2000 is.... & Why?

Been to Currys again, seen QLED looks nice compared to other sets next to it...
Have you seen my guide here: My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

It answers each of those questions and has specific recommendations at each size.

Its designed to be simple to follow, but the TV world is a confusing one and sometimes some time and studying can help make the right decision. Its far easier once you know what panel type you want from a TV. Until you know that, choosing is impossible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom