Looking for Help on Buying Headphones!

Hi, guys, first post here. I'm looking for a pair of quality headphones that meet the following requirements and I was hoping ppl who know more about this could help me with it lol.

I listed a my requirements for the ideal set of headphones, but if you guys have any other suggestions for good headphones, I'd be happy to look into it!
-the manufacturer is as eco-friendly/sustainable as possible
-while also being long lasting to stuff like accidentally dropping them on the floor.
-good for walking around without falling (planning to do housework with these things on)
-budget of $200
-wireless/bluetooth
- preferably no noise cancellation (my neighbourhood is pretty quiet lol)
- no IEMs (no earbuds), or super tight headphones that squeeze your ears (they tend to hurt my head), actually anything that isn't too tight/stifling would work really well to be honest, so pretty much I want headphones as comfortable as possible
- please no bass boosted headphones

Past Headphones+ experiences for reference: I've had 3 in the past.

First pair: MPOW-59
Amazon productThis was the pair that hurt my head and my ears, as it was a little too heavy and tight. Also the bass was boosted wayy too much for me, for example when I was listening to a youtube video with a deep male voice, I couldn't hear them at all. Other than that, the hardware of the headphones were pretty good as I still have them around. The bluetooth connected great, the range of connectivity was good, etc.

Second pair: Avantree Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Over Ear with Microphone for Home Office, Conference Call, Wireless Wired ANC Sound Proof Hi-Fi Stereo Bluetooth Headset with Mic for TV PC Computer ANC032 (name of amazon listing)

These worked really well at first, the sound was pretty good and blue tooth worked fine-except it broke way too quickly. I'll admit I'm pretty careless with my headphones and stuff, but this pair broke in a month. First the left ear stopped working in bluetooth mode, and then it stopped working when I plugged them in. After about a month or so I couldn't hear noise at all from these things.

Third pair :
Amazon productI've had these for a while now, and these have been my favourite so far, they work great! My only issue is that they aren't wireless and it makes it a hassle sometimes.

As for location, I live in the US.

tl;dr: comfortable, nice sounding, wireless headphones

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Steven

Senior Moderator
Sorry, how are you defining "eco friendly"? I cannot see any indication the above selection uses sustainable materials or manufacturing or are easy to recycle. In fact being cheap and mass produced is opposite to the environment?

Off the top of my head Grado sometimes do limited runs of models with sustainable materials. There is also House of Marley. Not sure about Bluetooth mind you.

Best of luck in the search

Sorry, how are you defining "eco friendly"? I cannot see any indication the above selection uses sustainable materials or manufacturing or are easy to recycle. In fact being cheap and mass produced is opposite to the environment?

Off the top of my head Grado sometimes do limited runs of models with sustainable materials. There is also House of Marley. Not sure about Bluetooth mind you.

Thank you! I was just hoping for something that are made well and produced with more ethical business habits. It's not a dealbreaker for me though, so if you have any other great models that don't fulfill this requirement, I'd be happy to look into it!

yeah before I got all my previous headphones as gifts, so when I buy something for myself, I'm hoping to do it in a way that hurts the environment the least

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom