looking for HDMI DVD Player, where to get

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by maidstoneman30s, Dec 29, 2004.

1. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there all,
    Can you guys recommend a HDMI DVD player, not toooo expensive and in stock now, either shop or online retailer???

Many thanks

John :thumbsup:

2. paul147

paul147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Samsung 945,but ditch the supplied hdmi lead,i have and i now use a monster 400 and what a differance :thumbsup:

3. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul, I was looking into this, I dont doubt your claim but how can this be so when the connection is all digital. A cheapo HDMI cable still transmits the 010101`s just like an expensive one would do? - Open question to all AV guys.

4. paul147

paul147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Carl,i find it hard to understand as well but prior to getting my new cable i could tell on my pio 434 plasma that when the samsung logo came up i noticed jaggies around the 'loading' notice,now with the new cable it is clear and sharp with no jaggies, i also found the screen very bright before with the supplied cable,but now the colour is natural therefore there is a notable differance in the quality of picture :) depending on the cable being used.

5. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damn looks like i will have buy one to find out then - more open wallet surgery :(

6. thebigkung

thebigkung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi anyone know where I can get a Samsung HD-945 multi-region from and the approx cost. oh, and a monster 400?? :zonked:

Thanks

7. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Pixmania had them in stock yesterday which is where i ordered mine from,i payed £184 inc. shipping.

8. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233

As I recall,the better cable allows a cleaner signal,which doesn't need to rely on error correction so heavily,when eventually processed.

9. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    its more to do with sheilding, if a cable is made with poor components it may be more open to interference, but digital cables are a different bag than say analog ones. It dosent hurt to use the best you can but you do not need to spend alot. A well made £15 cable will be just as good as a £400 quid one. what you usaualy find is the longer cable lenghs required the more important the quality will become.(in theory).

I use a wire world 9m cable that cost £300+ because at the time you could not get a HDMI lead that long from anywhere. Having done a A/B with the one that came free with the pio 868i i (molex)could not see a real difference.
    Both produced a very fine pic.
    Try the free cable first.