looking for HDMI 2.1 splitter

Guggsy

Hello people, I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I have a PS5 and a XSX both support HDMI 2.1.

I have 2 displays a PC monitor 4k UHD that support 2x HDMI 2.1 and a LG TV that still has HDMI 1.4 1080p.

I currently have both consoles connected to my monitor, but I would like to be able to connect both of the consoles to my monitor and TV.

But I need a HDMI splitter that supports HDMI 2.1 with HDR 10, so 2 in with 2 out. Also the splitter must be able to produce 2 separate resolutions, So I should see [email protected] on my monitor and [email protected] on my LG tv, when using either my PS5 or XSX. Is there anything available on the market that would do this?

I am not sure he's a person - most of the posts it makes are like this, there no much real dialogue - anyway I cannot find a 2 in 2 out, plenty of 2 in 1 out splitters - connect you PS5 and Xbox to a TV type of thing but no 2 in 2 out st 4K 120

best I have found it 2x2 4k at 60

Amazon product

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
What monitor do you have? Didn't think there what that many with 2.1 yet.

Also, you going to need a combined scaler splitter, while changing resolution isn't that much of an issue, changing HDR to SDR is a big deal and changing refresh rate not sure I have seen anything to do that without some serious expense.

This when it is released will do some of what you want, in time some cheaper non-customisable version will come out but ...

Guggsy

I am not sure he's a person - most of the posts it makes are like this, there no much real dialogue - anyway I cannot find a 2 in 2 out, plenty of 2 in 1 out splitters - connect you PS5 and Xbox to a TV type of thing but no 2 in 2 out st 4K 120

Amazon product
Cheers. Looks like i have to wait.

Guggsy

@ChuckMountain

It's the Aorus FI32U. Some people say it isn't true HDMI 2.1 as it is 4:2:0 instead of 4:2:2 or 4:4:4, but it hits the 120hz refresh rate and does what I need it to. i think the picture quality is fine. PC runs at 144hz through displayport

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member

Amazon product
That’s not going to work though in this case unless the op wants to keep swapping the settings for the video output. There is no scaling or hdr conversion. You are either going to get 4k only and no display or the 1080P tv or 1080p on everything

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom