Looking for good 32"+ tv for the bedroom - budget around £450

rid1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to get a new tv for the bedroom for around £450 give or take. I'm hoping to find one that is bigger than 32". It will mainly be used for ps3 gaming and sky hd. 1080p is a must and LED would be nice but might not be affordable. I have seen Sony have got a trade in offer at the moment and that is an option.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Rid1

Moved to which TV forum :)

What sort of stuff do you watch on Sky and what types of games do you play?

This would be in budget with trade in and 5 year warranty http://www.johnlewis.com/231202549/Product.aspx Sony don't have the lowest lag though and you do tend to pay more than for Samsung or LG

Last edited:
Thanks. Didn't see that. The tv I watch tends to be just general entertainment/drama and also a fair bit of sport (football mainly). Gaming wise its sports/racing games mainly and stuff. Pick up and play mainly.

Football...hmmm...LCDs aren't the best, 100hz processing can help with motion blur but adds gaming lag (although if not FPS / online I believe this isn't such a major issue)

This has motionflow (you'll likely turn it off for normal TV), LED and for a little over budget you can get a 5 year warranty

LG 32LE5900 | 32 inch LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Get thee to the shops and demo for yourself :)

Good TV but quite high lag for gaming, but doesn't look like that will be too much of a bother for you

Go look at it if you can (do you have a Sony Centre nearby, although as an outgoing model, they may not have it any more)

Lag doesnt really pose that much of a problem for me with the games i play. I will see if i can get find a set on display somewhere. I'll keep looking...there might be a good 37" LED set in my price range somewhere. :) Thanks again for the help.

37" LCD TVs (this is an LED edgelit LCD) seem to have a tendency to buzz and traditionally, Samsung use less good third party panels in their 37s

Certainly worth using the search engine to find feedback (it is over budget with a 1 year warranty, might be able to get a few pounds back via quidco though)

Personally, I'd go for the Sony (bigger, better panel, less risk of clouding/backlight bleed being a traditional CCFL LCD too), it will be chunkier though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom