Looking for good 32"+ tv for the bedroom - budget around £450

rid1

Hi all

I'm looking to get a new tv for the bedroom for around £450 give or take. I'm hoping to find one that is bigger than 32". It will mainly be used for ps3 gaming and sky hd. 1080p is a must and LED would be nice but might not be affordable. I have seen Sony have got a trade in offer at the moment and that is an option.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Rid1

vickster

Distinguished Member
Moved to which TV forum :)

What sort of stuff do you watch on Sky and what types of games do you play?

This would be in budget with trade in and 5 year warranty http://www.johnlewis.com/231202549/Product.aspx Sony don't have the lowest lag though and you do tend to pay more than for Samsung or LG

Last edited:

rid1

Thanks. Didn't see that. The tv I watch tends to be just general entertainment/drama and also a fair bit of sport (football mainly). Gaming wise its sports/racing games mainly and stuff. Pick up and play mainly.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Football...hmmm...LCDs aren't the best, 100hz processing can help with motion blur but adds gaming lag (although if not FPS / online I believe this isn't such a major issue)

This has motionflow (you'll likely turn it off for normal TV), LED and for a little over budget you can get a 5 year warranty

LG 32LE5900 | 32 inch LED TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds

Get thee to the shops and demo for yourself :)

vickster

Distinguished Member
Good TV but quite high lag for gaming, but doesn't look like that will be too much of a bother for you

Go look at it if you can (do you have a Sony Centre nearby, although as an outgoing model, they may not have it any more)

rid1

Lag doesnt really pose that much of a problem for me with the games i play. I will see if i can get find a set on display somewhere. I'll keep looking...there might be a good 37" LED set in my price range somewhere. :) Thanks again for the help.

vickster

Distinguished Member
37" LCD TVs (this is an LED edgelit LCD) seem to have a tendency to buzz and traditionally, Samsung use less good third party panels in their 37s

Certainly worth using the search engine to find feedback (it is over budget with a 1 year warranty, might be able to get a few pounds back via quidco though)

Personally, I'd go for the Sony (bigger, better panel, less risk of clouding/backlight bleed being a traditional CCFL LCD too), it will be chunkier though

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom