Looking for fully wired RGB scart cable for ps1/ps2

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Just picked up a cheap PSone console on eBay to hook up to an old CRT tv I still have.

I know the official ones are rare and expensive but all I want is a good full RGB scart cable to use. There are loads on eBay that state RGB, but I'm not sure what their quality is and if in fact they are only composite wired.

Does anyone know of place to buy a decent RGB scart cable from, or are any of the cables on eBay worth buying?

Thanks, Jason

Hey did you find you find a decent RGB cable in the end, I picked a psone for old time sakes too. Bought "RGB" scart of ebay but its crap... convinced its just composite. Trying to get a refund but they wan't me to send them pics of why I think the quality is crap - its a joke. I found some by Joytech RGB cables on amazon which weren't that much more (£4), I think these would be legit, won't know till end of next week when they arrive.

Hey did you find you find a decent RGB cable in the end, I picked a psone for old time sakes too. Bought "RGB" scart of ebay but its crap... convinced its just composite. Trying to get a refund but they wan't me to send them pics of why I think the quality is crap - its a joke. I found some by Joytech RGB cables on amazon which weren't that much more (£4), I think these would be legit, won't know till end of next week when they arrive.

Well I ordered a cheapish Joytech Fusion one from eBay but when it arrived the AV socket part that goes into the Playstation was much too tight and I couldn't get the socket to fully connect, and I felt any more pressure would break something :eek:

So I thought bugger it, and went to Maplins and bought their Logic 3 scart lead which has been great. Cost £9.99 which was a little more than I wanted to pay but I was so fed up with searching for a decent cable. It also has a game/dvd switch to prevent the green screen if you are watching DVDs on PS2. Nice sturdy cable and works great, it's also definitely fully wired as flicking the switch to 'game' you can clearly see the image sharpen up.

Hope your cable is up to scratch this time, it seems to me that a lot of the RGB cables on eBay seem a little too cheap to be any good.

Well I ordered a cheapish Joytech Fusion one from eBay but when it arrived the AV socket part that goes into the Playstation was much too tight and I couldn't get the socket to fully connect, and I felt any more pressure would break something :eek:

So I thought bugger it, and went to Maplins and bought their Logic 3 scart lead which has been great. Cost £9.99 which was a little more than I wanted to pay but I was so fed up with searching for a decent cable. It also has a game/dvd switch to prevent the green screen if you are watching DVDs on PS2. Nice sturdy cable and works great, it's also definitely fully wired as flicking the switch to 'game' you can clearly see the image sharpen up.

Hope your cable is up to scratch this time, it seems to me that a lot of the RGB cables on eBay seem a little too cheap to be any good.

The Joytech cable arrived and it works!! :D... although I've got the Green DVD playback problem you mentioned. This cable is the one before they released the fusion I think- Doesn't have a switch :S but not planning to watch dvds on the ps2 so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Is the green screen something to do with the ps2 not being able to send RGB for DVD playback?? ... coz my xbox's scart doesn't have any switches but plays dvd fine :confused:... I didn't realise Maplin sold Playstation cables.. playstation scart cables are soo damn hard to find these days

I believe the green screen issue is a problem with the PS2 unable to use RGB for DVD playback as you say, I've also read it is also some form of copyright protection. Either way, since your cable does show this green screen with DVDs then you know it's a fully wired cable :thumbsup:

Did you have any joy returning your eBay cable?

yeah glad I found the cable all the games have nice punchy color to them too, I forgot how good the last gen games could potentially look, when set up right... no the ebay people have stopped responding to me so I complained straight to ebay ... its only 2 quid but its the fact that they lied about the RGB that gets me mad lol, I am guessing loads of people who bought it off them think there gettting a RGB signal and havn't even realised :(

I don't blame you, I also hate it when people sell stuff on eBay and claim it's something when its not. I have bought a few games of there when people say it's in mint condition, only for it to arrive and look like something I would barely class as OK condition :nono:

Anyway enough of my moaning, enjoy some retro gaming :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom