1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for friends Series 10 Boxset

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by damage, Nov 21, 2004.

1. damage

damage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I bought series one to nine of friends on amazon back in june when they suddenly came down in price to between £20 and £30 quid each. They were a combination of three and six disc boxsets (six discs from series 7 onwards i believe) and the profile formed the newyork skyline (strangely the pre 2001 skyline considering the boxes were clearly manufactured after that).

I now feel i have waited a reasonable time to start looking for series ten to complete my collection (moreso since the new edition three disc boxsets have been out a while as has the annoyingly priced "one with all the episodes").

While the three disc series ten can be picked up for 16 quid, i can't find the six disc boxset for less than 60 (on 101cd.com) (possibly 56 on tescos if it comes back into stock). So:

Does anyone know of it any cheaper?

Should i buy the 16 quid three disc version and then buy the 6 disc later on when it comes down?

Do i buy the six disc version now as it might disappear for good leaving me with a permanent 12cm gap on my shelf?

Judging by how many friends threads there were last summer i imagine all those viewers without psychic abilities to be in a similar predicament.

2. jamesbocco

jamesbocco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The friends series 10 6 disc box set is no longer available. There was a guy on another forum desparately looking for this and all the places which said they had the 6 disc version were just lying. Check it out!

HTML:
    http://www.cdanddvdbargains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=782&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    yep i can vouch for that i ordered a so called Series 10 6 disk set from 3 different sites only to get the 3 disker on all 3 occasions. was in same position had series 1-9. i emailed a guy at WB and got a reply that as of a few weeks ago they had stopped production and wernt shipping any more out. so all the stock that retailers had were the last. hence why they all bumped up the prices to £60. i bit the bullet and payed £50 for mine so at least i could complete the set. your best bet now is to look on ebay (they were going for silly prices when i checked weeks ago) or hopefully get lucky and find it at a highstreet retailer.

goodluck

regards