Looking for flooring, are there cheaper online alternatives to Wickes/ B&Q

mushroomkid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A little trick I learned a while back when buying tiles, many of the tiles in shops like ToppsTiles can be found elsewhere, either online or warehouse bulk shops under different names, as they all come from the same manufactures who supply to the stores who stick on their own names and say it's "exclusive".

I was wondering if it's the same with laminate flooring?

Yes, I found a laminate I liked in Topps. Tracked down the manufacturer & then found it online for around half the price.

It’s definitely worth looking around at the online stores anyway. I recently bought some engineered wood flooring from here: Engineered Flooring | FlooringSupplies.co.uk

It was £27 per sq m, the cheapest equivalent thickness in B&Q or Wickes are at least £35 per sq m.

When I bought a load of granite tiles for the kitchen floor I paid around £28 per sq m, the exact same tiles in B&Q were £65 per sq m!

You can pick up bargains in Wickes/B&Q though at times. We bought some tiles from Wickes last year, they were half price with an extra 10% off (usual bank holiday stuff). I had two packs spare, took them back without a receipt and they gave me a credit note at the full retail price as they’d gone back up :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom