looking for first mac, help please

mikee66

I'm considering my first macbook at the moment after years of using a windows pc.

I'm basically gonna be using it for browsing, email and maybe some photography applications.

Any ideas as to what model would suit? I really need it to be speedy opening applications and browsing tbh as i'm used to my pc which is pretty good tbh

also is there an announcment due in the next month or so with regards to new models (a la iPhone 4)

Any help is appreciated

Mike

m0v1em4n

think the new models are out now, which use the i5 and i7 cpu's

Think of getting one my self, to replace my broken laptop, but they are expensive but cant see why

Steve

Brummy1875

Once you go mac you never go back lol! iphoto is an excellent photo app which comes with the ilife package with any mac/macbook they are exspensive but as with any apple product its of high quality :smashin:

mikee66

cheers folks

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
Think of getting one my self, to replace my broken laptop, but they are expensive but cant see why
They are more expensive than cheap Windows machines but much better quality. The service is second to none.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
They are more expensive than cheap Windows machines but much better quality. The service is second to none.

To expand on Nigel, you have to remember that Apple is designed for the upper end of the market and thus is sort of a 'luxury' computer manufacturer. Also, as Apple offers an integrated service which is a godsend, it certainly is a pleasure of being just able to pop into an Apple store or authorised service provider with a mac should anything arise and they sort it out (for my mac mini, they simply swapped for a brand new machine or my brothers macbook, ready for pick up a couple of days later). Compared to my other horrible experiences of wasting hours of my life with Dell 'support' trying to get a replacement DVD drive or trying to speak to anyone with knowledge of computing.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom