1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for experiences with lesser-talked-about PJs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dancingmatt, May 17, 2005.

1. dancingmatt

dancingmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does anyone have any experiences, ideally from owning one but seeing one demo'd or round a mates will help too, of any of the following projectors?

Epson EMP-74
    NEC VT540
    NEC VT570
    NEC VT575
    Panasonic LB10VE
    Toshiba TLP-T50
    Toshiba TLP-650
    ViewSonic PJ550

There seem to be less reviews of these PJs, I'm looking for one to connect to my PC for games and DVDs and these seem to be a bit cheaper for XGAs. So any comments you can make on them gratefully received, the sooner the better cos I want to buy one for the weekend! :clap:

Thanks very much
    DM

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Hi DM

I think, if I'm not mistaken these PJ's are aimed at the business end of the market, ie high light output(<1500) , low contrast (>500) and 4:3 rather than 16:9 and this would be why they are reviewed here. It's not to say that they aren't excellent PJ's, it's just that they aren't tuned for home cinema use.

To get reviews of these models you would be better looking at PC Pro or similar PC magazines.

Most of the PJ bought /discussed etc... on here are aimed squarely at the DVD viewer maket who also use them to play games either through the PC or consols.