1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for DVD players with BNC Component outputs

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Bob Beaney, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bob Beaney

Bob Beaney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have for a long time (over the past year & a half) researched the helpful threads here on AV Forums, while awaiting the time when I could finally afford to buy a Plasma Monitor, notably the Panny PW6 . As well as the supplied Scart Board ,I intend to get for my DVD connection the optional Component board with BNC input sockets as they provide a more secure connection and the transfer of a better signal than would RCA conections, although I've read the Canare RCAP series crimp plugs make make a better job of it than most RCAs.
    Now to get to my Question. Can anyone tell me what mid priced DVD Players (Progresive scan)there are around at the moment ( if any) that provide Component outputs with BNC connections.

My DVD Player at the moment has Component outputs (RCA) but has no Progressive scanning. So rather than buying a video cable with RCA on one end and BNC on the other ,I'ld rather upgrade now( rather than later as planned) to a player with Progresive scan capabilities and BNC component inputs. That way I could avoid having to compromise with the choice of connecting plugs.

Thanks for your help.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Bobalong

You'd better keep on saving :) the PW6 looks quite cheap along side BNC equipped DVD players; your looking at top end (cost) kit from the High End and/or small volume manufacturers before you see factory fitted BNC connectors; though I'm sure there will be a factory somewhere in Taiwan turning out a £50.00 chassis with BNC on.

Of course you can always 'modify' a player to give it BNC rather than RCA if your handy with a soldering iron and drill bits.

I think the lowest cost DVD player we supply with BNC connectors on is the Pioneer DVD-V7300 that we use a lot in Museums and Visitor attractions.

See http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=779&taxonomy_id=43-207

Its not a particularly 'high spec' player in terms of video quality (interlaced only) but it does have your BNC connectors on and could be a good chassis to drive an external processor.

Best regards

Joe

PS Its around £850 for the Industrial DVD player.

3. Bob Beaney

Bob Beaney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Joe for your quick and very helpful reply.

Will stick with my current DVD player for now and get video cable with BNC (for Plasma) and RCA (for player) and upgrade later to progresive scan with regular component connections.