1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Discrete Codes or Workarounds for UK Panasonic TV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Kevo, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    The Model No. of the TV is TX 32PK20 TV but i'm willing to try any codes from any other model (old or new)

Basically I need two discretes (or workarounds)...

1) The 'TV' and 'Text' modes from the TV/Text toggle button. I know older models had these buttons seperate.

2) The 'TV' and 'AV' modes from the AV toggle button

All I know is there is one AV button that when pressed gives you 4 options for 4 AV modes which are accessed by pressing the corresponding coloured button.

What I want to do be able to do is go directly to AV1, AV2 AND Tuner mode via 3 seperate macro buttons regardless if the TV is already in AV or tuner mode.

What's the best way around this if there are no AV and Tuner discretes?

Ultimatley I'm looking to do teletext page macros from the above 2 points.
    This would cover certain pages from various terrestrial analog channels and Sky Digital text.

I think all I need is a diecrete code that gets me into tuner mode from anywhere and from there I can start the macro.

Thanks for any help.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Have you tried RemoteCentral?

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Yes. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

4. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I have a Panasonic 32PF10 (older Tau set) and I have tried all sorts of techniques to find these codes to no avail. Basically you're out of luck. There are discrete ON/OFF codes but that's about it.

For the AV switching, I *cheat* by using my Sky+ box (on AV1, RGB SCART) to get the TV into a "known" state as follows:

Sky+ - SKY -> Sky MAY be on or off here
    Sky+ - Off -> Sky+ WILL be off here
    Sky+ - SKY -> Sky+ WILL be on here

this causes the TV to autoswitch to AV1 (as long as you have the SCART switching turned on in the Sky settings). Now you are in a "known" AV mode on the TV and can issue the relevant R/G/Y/B commands to switch to the AV mode of choice. You must remember that you need to select the mode TWICE - once to bring up the menu, the second to actually select the mode you want. Then there's a potential problem. If you have s-video connections, you will need to toggle some modes (eg AV3 and 4) into their respective "S" (s-video) mode. This state is remembered by the TV so the FIRST time you select it, you will need THREE AV mode commands (first for menu, second for the required mode, third to put it into S mode) then for subsequent selections you only need TWO AV mode commands (as the mode will remember its "S" state). Toggling between S and non-S states on a particular AV mode will be a lottery I'm afraid as there's no way to get the s-video modes into a "known" state, as far as I'm aware.

As far as I know there is no way to switch back to tuner from AV other than the TV/AV toggle code.

Whilst I'm writing this, I've just thought that you could use the PiP features (if the PK20 has it) to bodge a solution. This is theoretical (off the top of my head) so bear with me!

For example, I have my Sky+ connected directly to the TV and have ALL my other kit (DVD etc) going thru the video connections on my amp. The amp connects via S-Video to my TV on AV4(S). So, if I setup the PiP to view AV4(S), I can get Sky+ to toggle to AV1 (as detailed above) then use the PiP "SWAP" command to bring up AV4S. There might be issues with that but I think it might work.

Hope that helps (sorry about the rambling!)