Looking for delaying HDMI splitter

Wurlitzerwilly

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running a VM360 box outputting UHD from a single HDMI outlet. This feeds a 4 way HDMI splitter feeding a Sony Bravia (OLED) UHD TV and 2 separate Samsung HD TVs. My problem is possibly an age-old issue with the Sony TV not being in sync with the Samsung TVs. Not a problem for video as we don't tend to watch 2 screens at the same time, but audio (and video) from the Samsung TVs is output first, followed by audio (and video) from the Sony TV, delayed by several hundred mS. I put this down to the Sony TV taking longer to do its processing. This is not a lip sync issue! Each TV has audio and video perfectly in sync with itself.

This means that we have a very noticeable "echo" and have to close doors if one of us is in a different room.

Does anyone know of an adjustable HDMI delaying device which I could use to sync (delay) the signals to the Samsung TVs?

Try putting the Sony into its game picture mode so there is less delay in its picture processing.

Upvote 0
Video delay units tend to be quite expensive, because of the amount of data you are trying to store and forward. If you consider the data rate is about 10Gbs, even 100ms of delay is significant in terms of memory and control. This unit VC-1-DL Bidirectional Video Converter 3G-SDI - HDMI-A with Delay | Roland Pro AV | Leisuretec is nearly £900, but only offers 4.5 frames of delay.

I think it would be cheaper to replace the TV, so that you have them all of the same type.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom