Looking for decent 2.1 speakers for projector

jess28

Novice Member
Currently using active speakers I happened to have on hand with the projector I got my parents for Christmas.
We're finding it hard to hear the dialogue clearly on movies so I want to upgrade.
I was thinking of a 2.1 channel system (we already have an av receiver) rather than surround sound. We have to set everything up whenever we watch a movie, not having a dedicated home theater room, so I'd like to keep it simple; less speakers to move around is better.

Looking to spend around $300 or less, anyone know of anything that will sound good for this price?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Ended up ordering this Logitech Z623 system. Reviews were good. Crossing my fingers that it will sound good.

If you already have av-receiver why you didn´t buy passive hifi speakers? Now you have another bad apple in your hands. Those Logitech stuff is mainly for computer, waste of money. Return it and buy higher quality. For speakers something like Polk S15 / S20 is very popular cheap option which offers quality sound, there is likely white finish too. Assuming you can´t wall mount anything add cheap 23,6" tall speaker stands and you good to go.

Quality subwoofers tend to cost more, perhaps save for something like this if looking affordable and small:
Airmotiv SE8 8

jess28

Novice Member
EDIT:
Changed mind, going to send back the Logitech and go with the Polk S15's and a subwoofer. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

jess28

Novice Member
If you already have av-receiver why you didn´t buy passive hifi speakers? Now you have another bad apple in your hands. Those Logitech stuff is mainly for computer, waste of money. Return it and buy higher quality. For speakers something like Polk S15 / S20 is very popular cheap option which offers quality sound, there is likely white finish too. Assuming you can´t wall mount anything add cheap 23,6" tall speaker stands and you good to go.

Quality subwoofers tend to cost more, perhaps save for something like this if looking affordable and small:
Airmotiv SE8 8
I'm looking at speaker stands. Is the goal to position them at ear level? In this case I think I'd need a little taller than 23".

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'm looking at speaker stands. Is the goal to position them at ear level? In this case I think I'd need a little taller than 23".

You would ideally have the tweeters at seated ear height roughly.

Setting-up-your-Hi-Fi-speaker-for-best-sound-5.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom