• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for budget but bassy in-ear headphones

Terrum

Standard Member
Hey, I know there are many posts on this. But I need some which are best with dance/trance/electro/hardstyle/dubstep. This kind of music on my radio station http://dj.terrum.co.uk where you can here the vibration of the bass after the kick is the kind of bass i'm looking for. Anyone able to recommend some budget earphones that will succeed in amazing quality while travelling to help ease my "public travel" stress which also have the brain-vibrating bass that I'm looking for? ;) Thanks!

Last edited:

Steven

Senior Moderator
"Budget" is relative

Denon AHC260 In Ear Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics - not true IEM but people mention bass boost to the sound spectrum. Also look at Soundmagic range. Neutral but again a boost in the bass. Cheap and cheerful and under £30 mark

Prepared to lay out a bit more? Klipsch Image S4 Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Bigger budget? Denon AHC710 Premium In Ear Headphone with Aluminum: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Of course bass is not everything and you have to think about the rest of the sound spectrum; your tastes in music, fit and comfort

Note the amazon links are merely ease of convenience whilst I am speed typing and not necessarily an indication of the best price on the www (I have not searched)

Terrum

Standard Member
Thanks for those links, I extremely appreciate them. But I mean budget as in a very decent pair of earphones for the cheapest price possible. Because I don't wanna spend lots of money on a pair of earphones that do the same thing as crappy hong-kong ones. Because I know there are lots out there like that.

The only music I will be listening to is what's on my radio at http://dj.terrum.co.uk and I just want opinions on what you/people think are the best quality earphones they can recommend to me from their personal experience. I can obviously use an equaliser too but I just want to know a decent pair that won't break easily and are brilliant quality for music lovers. Hope someone can help.

BenW

Established Member
I'm not sure if you're here for advice or to advertise your radio station?

You need to turn your words into numbers if you want help, Steven has given you a whole range of options but you haven't said if they're all too expensive of given any indication of which pair is at the right price point!

Terrum

Standard Member
I'm not sure if you're here for advice or to advertise your radio station?

You need to turn your words into numbers if you want help, Steven has given you a whole range of options but you haven't said if they're all too expensive of given any indication of which pair is at the right price point!
It's not to advertise my radio station, it's to give someone the good idea of what kind of music I'm into. It's a specific kind of dance called "Hands Up" and it's not very well known in UK so I decided to show it instead of explain it. But it seemed I had to explain it anyway...

I'm not exactly smart when it comes to the technical side of headphones and frequency etc. I just want an opinion and recommendation in English of which earphones would be best to suit my needs. The price doesn't bother me as long as it's the cheapest in value and not a pair that can do the same thing as a cheaper pair of earphones.

BenW

Established Member
You're generally going to find the more you spend the better headphones you get.

If you want to know which headphones are the best value for money at any price point then I think Steven's post gives you a good idea of what's popular at the moment. I would add to the list sennheiser IE6 for about £90 which also seem very popular, I base that on reviews I've read over the last few weeks trying to decide on a new pair for myself.

Terrum

Standard Member
Hi again,
I've recently purchased V-Moda Bass freq - platinum white: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics and my review on there states:
"I am very deeply into music, a DJ and Dance producer. I enjoy listening to music daily and I must have the perfect earphones for my liking. These however have to be a winner so far for the pricing. I've had no problem with them and the different earphones sizes gave me a great chance to experiment with the bass. However, I have extreme trouble getting the bass to be perfect?! I've read reviews of people saying the bass is amazing and they feel it in their ears and everything. Now I wear headphones (DJ Headphones) and the bass on them are amazing. With earphones, I expect to actually feel my brain vibrate. Especially as the description of this item says that it's that bassy.

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone suggest something to help me get the "amazing bass" that other people have said in the other reviews? I have got an equaliser on it and tried so many different ways (the best quality i've got is with the M seals, not L or S) so can someone please help and recommend me a suggestion for the perfect bass?

Cheers for this great product anywho! These are slightly better than the EP-360 Creative headphones, until i get the perfect bass! :) 4 star."

So basically, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with these headphones, and can tell me if the bass on that item's description is truthful and if you can really feel the bass heavily etc, and if so, someone can suggest something to me to get this feature? Thanks

Member 266567

Established Member
I'm afraid bass response with in-ears will never sound the same as a full size closed back headphone.

However, on a budget the SoundMAGIC E10 has a really nice punchy bass response and is also very musical. The earphone have a really big chunky bass sound, with the right music. In my opinion you won't find anything under £70 to touch this earphone.

Terrum

Standard Member
I'm afraid bass response with in-ears will never sound the same as a full size closed back headphone.

However, on a budget the SoundMAGIC E10 has a really nice punchy bass response and is also very musical. The earphone have a really big chunky bass sound, with the right music. In my opinion you won't find anything under £70 to touch this earphone.
Extremely appreciate the reply and the recommendation of the headphones. Do you know what they're like though? Also the reviews on the ones i've got currently say they're really good for their price, so i guess i can't improve them anyhow?

J0sHi

Standard Member
This thread caught my intrest, Im big on the same type of music I bought some IEMs at xmas they are good for me but id be reluctant to reccomend because there not perfect and I aint an expert.

One thing i would consider would be noise isolation for travel, there are some good In ears that deliver that and it allows you to appreciate the clarity and depth of bass alot more without having to wack volumes beyond what your mp3 player can put out.

Terrum

Standard Member
Thanks guys. I'll look into them.

The ones I have are currently noise isolated (the v-moda ones) and even the creative ep360 ones are noise isolated, depending on how loud you put the music.

But thanks again I'll be looking into them earphones too!

Terrum

Standard Member
However, After a lot of fiddling with the new v-moda bass freq platinum earphones (because of a boring day at work!), i've actually managed to get the amazing bass outta them that I was hoping for. And it's true, they have extremely decent bass, better for the price also. It literally just takes about 5-10 minutes to find and keep the best spot of your ear naval so you can feel the bass, i can even hear the bass without having to put an equaliser on it - which is even more amazing. I like these earphones now, just a shame about the fiddling! Will have to edit the review though.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom