looking for blackout material

redmax

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone provide a source for the blackout material used in curtains.
I already have a pair of curtains that will look good but they are no good for light blocking at present.
I have roped..... I mean pursuaded my mother in law to sow the material onto the back of the cutains.
I'm obviously looking for a good price and only need enough to cover a pair at 1500mm wide x 2000mm each drop.

Any help appreciated.:)

dont know if they have stores in your neck of the woods but try rosbys and alders.

Pre-made blackout linings are available from most curtain shops and simply replace the existing lining rather than having to do any sewing work.

Your local market. Most have a fabric stall - that's where I've had mine from. In my neck of the woods, Hertford (Saturday), Hoddeston (Wednesday) and Harlow (Saturday IIRC).

Dirt cheap - £2.50 - £3.50 per metre.

HTH

Thanks people, certainly got a few leads to try.
I went to a Paul Simon curtain "superstore" but they only had pre made sizes which were quite expensive.
I'll try a market fabric seller as they tend to be competative.

Cheers :smashin: :D

Got mine from Argos, they totally black out the light :D pretty heavy as well.

Timh

Was that just the linnings or complete curtains at Argos?

Thanks

It was just the linings, just checked they were from Argos Addition's, page 725.
Or you can order from here make sure you understand the Track width if you order, it gave me a Headache :eek: My Mrs sorted it out, it is a girl thing though ;)

Nice one :smashin:

I'll check 'em out

Thanks

So you are after the Blackout material .I see you live in Essex like me , so try the curtain warehouse on the A13 at Basildon , just before the Pitsea flyover , thats where i got mine , and very cheap as well.

Thanks Graham
As it happens I only live a few miles down the road from there.
I'll check it out.
All the linnings I've seen so far come with a tape sown in so you can hang them with curtains also with tape. I don't need that kind, I just want the material so I can sow it behind my existing curtains.
Anyway cheers. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom