1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for best TV around £600? Help please!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Elhadjihough, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Elhadjihough

Elhadjihough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Hoping I can get some good advice on peoples thoughts for the best TV around the £600 mark? I'm looking for a 32inch, but thats about all I know (oh and I dont want it to look plug ugly!). But I'm worried if 100hrtz is needed and whether I will benefit? TV used for SKY+ box mostly, and gamecube!

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

Regards
    Stu

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stu.

Well.... The Philips 32PW9308 can be found for £550 on digital-point.co.uk. This is a 32inch flatscreen 100htz TV and with the official GameCube RGB scart cable, you will get top results from your games. DVD's come out superbly as well, it is a good all rounder. I have had mine for a couple of months and am very happy. Can't go wrong for under £600!!
    Good luck.

3. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just quickly. 100htz is better if you are sensitive to flicker but makes little difference really. I find it more pleasing on the eye but you can alternate modes on the Philips TV to suit your tastes.
    I have found Pixel Plus good on DVD but not so good on normal TV but I have a rooftop aerial. Sky+ should come out really well, as this TV loves digital pictures. 100htz does also help with the smoothness of mario kart on the gamecube!!
    Just my opinion really.....

4. Elhadjihough

Elhadjihough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for that Niburu, the Phillips was on my shortlist of 7!! I was wavering on the SONY KV32CS70 but maybe just for the name. I decided late last night though to take my chances with the Daewoo DSC3220EGB100D for the rather silly price of £439 on Argos. Main reason being, they are easy to send back to if its a bit poo, and my current telly is a Daewoo and has served me well for 6 years. I find them basic but underestimated quality wise. Fingers crossed its good. Anybody else tried/got this TV?