1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for best 32" TV - £1100 budget

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pward, Dec 30, 2003.

1. pward

pward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

We currently have a 5 year old Sony 28" widescreen TV - model KV28WS2 if my memory serves me well. A relative of ours has a Philips set with P+, and it seems to produce a sharper, brighter picture, at an apparent cost of some odd artefacts with fast moving objects.

So, we have been looking for a new set. We are tight for space, so cabinet width is a consideration, but we think we can fit a 32" set into the requisite space.

We have looked at the Philips 9308 but aren't over keen on the styling. The other set we have looked at is the Panasonic TX32PD30. We like the Panasonic, and the magazines seem to love it, but we are concerned as to the problems mentioned on these forums.

A few questions therefore:

1. Is the jump from a 28" to a 32" screen really noticable?
    2. Is the TX32PD30 really that bad?
    3. Are there any other recommendations?

Many thanks,

Paul

2. KTF

KTF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes. A 28" looks 'small' compared to a 32.
    2. I doubt it.
    3. Toshiba 32ZD26 or the Sony 32FX68.

3. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    pward,

We had a 28" philips (3 scarts)which popped during the summer. We have replaced it with a Toshiba 32ZP38. The 32" Tosh cabinet is the same size as the philips 28" so it fits in the same space (we're tight on space too) the picture is noticably larger and MUCH better. We're starting to enjoy our DVD collection all over again. The live broadcasts from Sky are simply stunning. :smashin:

My other half thought it looked strange when we looked round the shops but once it was in place and didn't take up any more space than the old 28" she was happy. When she's happy so am I :D

So:

1. Yes, glad I've bought the 32"
    2. Couldn't comment 'cos I don't have any experience of it.
    3. The Tosh or the Panny (Sony cabinet is HUGE and Philips is ugly)