Looking for an upgrade from a Yamaha HTR-5960

tommyad

Standard Member
Hello all! I have a 7 year old Yamaha HTR-5960 that I'm finally going to need to upgrade from...my newest satellite box only has HDMI with no optical outputs! :laugh:

I'm looking for a couple of recommendations for a 7.1 receiver that will hopefully last me another 7 years. I really like my Yamaha, and I see the RX-V673 is on sale at Amazon for $379.99. It looks like it has way more features than i'll probably use, but the thing that caught my attention right away is its 90 watts x 7 and my current unit is 115 x 7. I just my system for movies and watching TV, this probably wont be noticeable I'm guessing, but I wanted to check and be sure...

What are a couple other good brands/devices on the market right now? My only real requirements are 7.1 and HDMI capabilities.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What speakers do you have?
The 673 should have more than enough power so I would not worry about that. You could also look at the Denon 2113 or 2313.

tommyad

Standard Member
Thanks! I'll check those out too...

I have Polk Audio RM6750 set as my FL, FR, Rear side L, and Rear side R, C and Sub. as for the Rear speakers, I have a pair of in wall ceiling speakers as my BL and BR speakers... I can't recall which models they are but I think they are 6 1/2" speakers at 8 ohms.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom