1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for an FM aerial.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by MonkeyDonkey, Aug 4, 2002.

1. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Since moving my FM reception has gone downhill a fair bit on my favourite station so now I need to replace the current piece of wire (yes I know I should have replaced it at first but I used to get good reception).

At the moment I get a sort of buzzing inteference, which is very clear when the presenter is speaking with no music in the background.

A rooftop/loft aerial isn't really practical, and I don't think it'll be necessary either. The signal is still strong just not as good as I'd like.
    So can anyone recommend an Indoor aerial?
    By the looks of things we're about ready for a large price drop on DAB tuners and I'll pick one up if and when that happens, until then I'll stick with analogue.

Thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. if you are really skint (like me) then grab yourself a ribbon aerial for about £1 and tape it to the wall.

They work quite well (for that price).. but are directional so you might need to move it around a bit to get the best reception.

-TF