Looking for an av stand similar to this ...

lister710

Standard Member
Reaction score
See attached pic, i.e. something low and able to hold 3 components wide. I found this pic on google images but the page it came from is US based.

Open to woods/piano black etc. I should add I don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks for any ideas :)

Rack.jpg

Last edited:
I've just bought one of these:

Cuuba MR139 Black Tv Cabinet from Big AV

Maybe not quite what you're looking for but it certainly has the width for three components side by side and a nice open front (it also comes in white from some suppliers but no wood option).

Pros:
Very sturdy
Reasonable price

Cons:
Very heavy
A pain to assemble (needs 2-3 people to fit the middle shelf).

Overall I'm pleased with it. I spent a long time looking for something along these lines and didn't find much choice at an affordable price.

Maybe not quite what you're looking for but it certainly has the width for three components side by side and a nice open front (it also comes in white from some suppliers but no wood option).

Pros:
Very sturdy
Reasonable price

Cons:
Very heavy

Overall I'm pleased with it. I spent a long time looking for something along these lines and didn't find much choice at an affordable price.

Thats quite a nice stand but its about 5cm too big for my space ;(

Pros:
Very sturdy
Reasonable price

Cons:
Very heavy

I'm sorry to jump in on your post. what are the internal dimensions on the cuuba. I have been looking at them myself, but can not find the measurements between the bottom to middle shelf and the middle to top shelf. I would appreciate any help.
thanks chris

i also been looking at this stand just recently i don't superpose you have any pictures of it all set up, images on the web seem very limited.
many thanks.

Last edited:
Ive got one identical to that. Its at my bros at the mo tho (he's not long been in his new house but now has tv on wall)

Where are you based? I could see if its for sale?

That original stand looks like an ikea oppoli. Check ebay but search using the term ikea tv bench etc as they dont usually put oppoli in the description

That original stand looks like an ikea oppoli. Check ebay but search using the term ikea tv bench etc as they dont usually put oppoli in the description

almost, its an "Oppli".... :)

check the classifieds here, you usually see the odd one go up for sale. :smashin:

Pros:
Very sturdy
Reasonable price

Cons:
Very heavy

I ordered one of these Friday only to get an e-mail today saying they were discontinued. Im finding it hard to find a tv stand with similar dimensions in black. I know its a long shot but does anyone have a 2nd hand one for sale or know where they have one in stock, I have trawled the net for weeks

Thanks

Lee

Finally found one that I am very pleased with on delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonorous-LB...UTF8&qid=1370165488&sr=1-11&keywords=Sonorous

I was lucky enough to only pay £159.99 for b grade product which was delivered by a 2 man team, so I don't see how they made any profit on it. It was in near perfect condition I just had to buy some 3M VHB tape to secure the glass to the door for a real bargain. I can tell you it is a beautiful cabinet with plenty of room for oversized components, and a removable centre panel for concealed centre speaker and power, probably not worth £600 but I would of happily paid £500 for it.

Hope this helps

Lee

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom