Looking for an alternative to a LG 32LX2R

S

stenny

I'm currently in the process of trying to get a full refund from Currys (long story!) for my LG 32LX2R. If I succeed then I will have £833 available to spend on another TV.

I would like to buy a different brand as I have found LG to be rubbish for their customer service, repairs and overall reliability - which is a shame really as I quite liked the TV when it was working properly.

What alternatives, if any, are available? Preferably I want it to be black in colour, have a 32" screen, 1:1 pixel mapping and DVI/HDMI inputs... or similar.

Also, what makes of TV are good for DECENT customer service/quick repair turnaround, should it be required?

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated - thanks!

rusty mechanic

HI STENNY
when i first read your post i couldn't believe it, i was just about to write the same thing. i also own an LG 32lx2r and to say my confidence in this tv is rock bottom is an understatement. since my first purchace in May of this year from currys:thumbsdow i've had 3 exchanges. the first had a knackered tuner after a month, the second started buzzing after a week and the one that i have now kept freezing when you turned it on. i've just got it back from Lg this week and they seem to have fixed that problem but since i've got it back, the picture is not as good as it was before LG touched it. i've invested in qed scart leads and gold plated sky connections and the picture used to be perfect, so what have they done? i'm starting to worry now as i paid a grand for this tv and i don't want to be stuck with a load of junk when my warranty runs out. i reported the poor picture to LG as soon as i got the tv back and they told me someone would contact me in 48 hours. yea right, still waiting so i'm going to trying trading standards tomorrow to see where i stand for an exchange for a different tv. what do you think my chances are?

I

InterNUT

:thumbsup: Hi guys, not a good night for this TV from LG, I have just arranged for a refund from Currys :eek: (what a great company, NOT ! currys = lots of worries :suicide: ). I have been back to the Glasgow branch for Evesham and I love the Alqemi SX 32 inch http://www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e=F373CA16-E664-43F9-8C40-D1CDA8A5EB2F , it is fantastic, £599 and you get a free 3 year swap out warranty, they have won an award for 2 years for their customer service so all seems good there. good luck

S

stenny

Sorry to hear you're also having trouble, rusty mechanic.

Mine has been repaired once (which took them 4 weeks to do) and when I got it back they had scratched the stand and 'lost' the original box/packaging that I sent it in... 6 days later on it developed an electrical buzzing sound when put into standby mode. My 12 month warranty runs out in a month too! I also called LG to file a complaint and they fobbed me off with the '48 hours call back' rubbish - no they didn't get back to me either.

What I am going to do tomorrow is send a formal letter of complaint (via recorded delivery) to the managing director at Currys' head office, politely explaining the inconvenience that the TV and LG have caused me and that if they won't refund me then I will have no choice but to take them to the small claims court, with regard to the sale of goods act.

Hopefully that will make them sort the problem out quickly by just giving me a refund and then they won't have to bother with the SCC process plus all the fees involved on top of that.

I can only advise you to try the same thing - phone calls to Currys and LG don't get you anywhere, as we have both found out. Trading standards will most probably tell you to do the same thing as me.

S

stenny

:thumbsup: Hi guys, not a good night for this TV from LG, I have just arranged for a refund from Currys :eek: (what a great company, NOT ! currys = lots of worries :suicide: ). I have been back to the Glasgow branch for Evesham and I love the Alqemi SX 32 inch http://www.evesham.com/products/info.asp?e=F373CA16-E664-43F9-8C40-D1CDA8A5EB2F , it is fantastic, £599 and you get a free 3 year swap out warranty, they have won an award for 2 years for their customer service so all seems good there. good luck
Thanks for the link InterNUT, I will note that TV as a possible replacement.

Anyone else have any recommendations, please?

G

gr1688

Hi Stenny,

not a reccomendation for another, but just to say about the Evesham Alqemi, I bought one of these for my son just before Christmas, now I have seen it on his bedroom wall and the fantastic picture you get from it, I have decided I want one for my bedroom as well and so have ordered another, I can't praise it any higher than that

Roaders

Standard Member
Hi All

I got a 32LX2R yesterday (clearance as it's now discontinued) for £599. I bought it mostly for the DVI connection which works great but when I got it set up in my bedroom the sound was pretty rubbish, I also have an intermittent buzzing sound which is very annoying. This can happen on any of the inputs (I currently only have a DVI connection plugged in, no aerial or anything else).

I'm going to get a Comet engineer out and see if I can get a refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom