looking for an alarm system

mctech

Established Member
Reaction score
i am looking for a good wired alarm system for my house for about £200. any ideas

Good, Wired, £200. Nope.

200 for everything? including sensors?

I don't even know of bad ones for that price range.

Go to your local Electrical wholesaler, ask if they stock the Texecom Veritas range.
You should be able to get Panel, remote keypad, bellbox, battery and sensors
for your price range.

It was a rough guideline of £200.It is a new house with all the wiring pre installed

Id second alertelectrical as a supplier they are very impressive.

I have just had a Texecom Premier system installed and its awesome. The cost was slightly over your budget but i have proximit tags, multiple keypads etc.

Also i can imagine and installer will be included in your £200.

package i got here

though i added

3 key pads 1 in garage, 1 upstairs and 1 in front room.

2 roller shutter contacts for garage doors.

3 x 360 deg Ceiling Pir With Pulse Count.

extra bell box to have one at front and rear of building

2 x 6 Way Junction Box Anti Tamper

extra 100m roll of cable.

£250 the lot.

i suggest a scantronic 9651 control panel which comes with a key pad, honeywell IS215 pirs, a back up battery. pyronix belle sounder, you will need an internal speaker, a door contact and some 6 core cable and all in your 200 budget. good luck.

rich1231 said:
Id second alertelectrical as a supplier they are very impressive.

I have just had a Texecom Premier system installed and its awesome. The cost was slightly over your budget but i have proximit tags, multiple keypads etc.

Also i can imagine and installer will be included in your £200.

Rich
I was also thinking about using Texecomm kit. I would be interested in seeing your kit list and what price you got them from Alert Electrical.
Thanks

Rich

Have you been on holiday?
Haven't seen any posts from you for a couple of weeks.
Any chance of getting your kit list and thoughts on the Texecom alarm kit you used.

Cheers

Hi Dobbin, sorry wasnt ignoring you.

Im not going to remember every bit of kit...

Texecom Premier 48 panel,
loads of pirs
2 keypads
1 8 zone extender
pccom thingy

has been working great so far

Hi Dobbin,

I've installed quite a few Texecom Premier Panels 24/48...etc.
There a fantastic piece of kit and can highly recommend them. Most people will advice you to get it professionally installed, saying that though if your good at DIY/electrics you should be ok.
The Texecom Premier panels can be programmed using a PC if you purchase the Wintex software and USB or Serial Port connector, this makes programming simple and far better than using the keypads.
You can also purchase them here www.brewtime.co.uk slightly cheaper than alert electrical.

Alternatively the Texecom R8, R8+, Excel panels are great for domestic installs.

Rich

Have you been on holiday?
Haven't seen any posts from you for a couple of weeks.
Any chance of getting your kit list and thoughts on the Texecom alarm kit you used.

Cheers

texecom panels are ok, but tend to develop psu faults after a couple of years,

I would recommend the Microtech/Ademco Accord panel, robust reliable and simple, as for PIRs I would 100% recommend the texecom PIRs and if you got to the right places you can easily get all this for sub £200

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom