1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for advice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kilvil, Apr 10, 2005.

1. kilvil

kilvil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a sagem 45 dlp rear pro and pioneer 575 dvd player conected via
    componant cables and s video cable to panna ptae 100 front projector.
    My question is, with a budget of about 1200 quid would i be better getting a better dvd player with dvi conection like the dennon 2910/3910 with dvi to the sagem and componant to panny, or iscan hd+ and dennon 1910 and have dvi to sagem and vga to panny.
    thanks for any advice given in advance.

kilvil

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,525
    kilvil

If your happy with its audio performance I'd probably stick with the Pioneer DVD player for now as its a more than decent 'transport' for delivering 480i(60) and 576i(50) to any Video Processor and so far I've found a decent Video Processor to be a much more flexible/influential upgrade than most customers expect compared to the addition of a new DVD player.

The Denon players cant Output Interlaced via HDMI or DVI (apart from 1080i from the players with in-built video up conversion) so are not the 'best' option for delivering a 'clean' signal to a video processor.

Again I'd stick with your Pioneer player or look at alternatives that can deliver 480i(60) and 576i(50) via DVI/HDMI.

One option you could consider (budget allowing) would be to have the Pioneer player SDI modified to get a Digital path into a suitable Video Processor.

Keep in mind with your Dual Display set-up if you plan to use Digital (DVI) + Analogue (RGBHV) Out from the Video Processor you must have the same signal being Output on both sockets; you don't have the option of varying the signal type to give you a 'best' match on two different Displays simultaneously.

Choose correctly and you can have a Video Processor with Multiple Memory Output configurations - so switching the Output to best match the Input signal and the Primary Display at any time is relatively straightforward.

I'd widen the net as far as potential Video Processors go and think carefully about your choice of source kit.

Best regards

Joe