Looking for advice on whether i should change Pioneer 717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BigDG, Apr 25, 2002.

1. BigDG

BigDG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for some advice, Have a Pioneer 717 DVD Player was considering changing and spending up to £500, any advice or ideas would i see much improvement in changing or not if so what do you recommend.

cheers

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I liked the original 717 a lot. Good machine. Still is. I'd say there is absolutely no need to spend your money, unless..... you need prog scan output or RGB loopthrough. Do you? If not, then don't bother.

Then I'd say buy a 737 for £390 or less, multi region. It's still available, just, as an outgoing model. It is a really good player. I have mine more because it was a good upgrade to my older Yamaha S795, but it's really the prog scan output to a projector that makes it worth its weight in gold. Otherwise the benefits are more reduced.

Spend your money on more films. If there's no need to upgrade, don't. However, if you insist, I'm sure we'll all help you spend money.;)

3. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    General,
    That's a great price for the 737, where ?

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Fulabeer put me onto Bolton Sound and Vision about it. They still advertise them for sale. But maybe the price has changed? I've also seen them multi region for £399, advertised at HiSpek I believe.