Looking for advice on speakers for denon avr3500h 7.1. New setup.

Mark Hentschel

Novice Member
Hi all. I am new to this forum so any help or advice you could give would be great. I am about to move house and am leaving my current AAD system behind. I managed to pick up an AVR3500h to replace the 1400 I have now. I have been researching and wondering if second hand speakers might be my best option. I have also considered using Jensen inwall and ceiling speakers. Thoughts?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi all. I am new to this forum so any help or advice you could give would be great. I am about to move house and am leaving my current AAD system behind. I managed to pick up an AVR3500h to replace the 1400 I have now. I have been researching and wondering if second hand speakers might be my best option. I have also considered using Jensen inwall and ceiling speakers. Thoughts?

We aren´t familiar with Jensen products as this is UK forum. If you are going to buy some used stuff then better to stick with known brands, although it`s always risky to buy blind without auditioning first to get some idea which type of sound you like. Example Kef, Revel, B&W, Monitor Audio, Dali, SVS (Prime/Ultra), Klipsch (ReferencePremiere), Focal just to name few popular choices.

For subwoofer best to look manufacturer that has years of experience building woofers specifically. Don´t buy the cheap package woofers from speaker manufacturer or used without warranty cause the amps may fail at any day.

Also you may want to consider 5.1.2 Atmos system over 7.1 if possible. Meaning pair of speakers either upfiring bounce from ceiling (if your ceiling meets the recommendations and you sit ~3meter away max), front heights mounted high up on front or side wall or overhead channels using in-ceiling/on-ceiling speakers. Your Denon has these two upmixers so you get the "height" effects working with any source material.

Mark Hentschel

Novice Member
I took your advise and purchased a klipcsh sw 100 sub woofer. I purchased wharfedale 9.5 and 9.6 diamond speakers second hand. I also purchased a klipcsh c52 centre speaker new and wharfedale d300 atmos to complete the system being driven by the x3500h denon. Thanks for your advice. I can't wait to set it up in December!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom