Looking for advice on Pioneer amps and amps in general

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RP1985, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RP1985

RP1985
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm a Pioneer VSX-323 owner and recently upgraded to an LG 4K OLED. When I purchased the amp a few years ago it was advertised as having 4k passthrough and I thought great, I'm future proofed. After acquiring my TV however I discovered that 4k was not working through the amp for some reason.. I'm assuming this is because the VSX-323 possibly does not support HDMI 2.2?

Anyway, I've done some looking around this morning and come across the VSX-531D for £200 which supports 4k/HDMI 2.2 so is a possibility, the only thing putting me off is this is the DAB version, which to me will be a useless feature and I'm sure the standard version has been on sale for lesss than £200 before, so I'd be paying extra for nothing.

Another option is the Yamaha RXV383 which is the same price.

What are your thoughts? Should I go for one of the above or is there a better entry level amp I could go for?

2. xmb

xmb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Odd as the Pioneer spec says 4K and deep Colour is supported. Are you sure your HDMI cables are OK?

To be honest if I were going to replace your receiver I would go for one with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support for future proofing. Also you may as well have all the streaming services built in (the Pioneer you mention only has the older Dolby Pro Logic support).

Take a look at the Yamaha RX-V583 as at £289 it is a good spec for the price.