Looking for advice on pallet shipping

sebna

Hi All,

I have never shipped anything on pallet but I am potentially looking to buy speakers from a private person which would have to be sent on a pallet.

First questions is are there any shipping companies that would bring a pallet to the person and help him correctly secure speakers in their original packaging to the pallet? Or is it a wishful thinking?

How would you advice to deal with it when seller does not want to have anything to do with it?

Thanks,
seb

Foster

Distinguished Member
He would need to put it on a pallet himself but palletways is a decent service for pallets, relatively cheap as well.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
How would you advice to deal with it when seller does not want to have anything to do with it?
Look for another pair of speakers. If the seller doesn't want to know then the potential mess if they get damaged in transit is almost certainly not worth it.

Why do they need a pallet, are they some monsters that can't be shipped normally in their boxes?

sebna

Look for another pair of speakers. If the seller doesn't want to know then the potential mess if they get damaged in transit is almost certainly not worth it.

Why do they need a pallet, are they some monsters that can't be shipped normally in their boxes?

The are big and heavy enough to be safer on a pallet.

I was hoping there is consumer friendly service that could help with the process.

Thank you for your views and keep them coming maybe there is someone who was in the same situation and found solution.

Last edited:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Domestic pallet service? Never heard of one :)

ashenfie

I have use a pallet service and its up to you secure them. May be better a house moving company might move them if they have a move in that area.

diannebye

Banned
Hi All,

I have never shipped anything on pallet but I am potentially looking to buy speakers from a private person which would have to be sent on a pallet.

First questions is are there any shipping companies that would bring a pallet to the person and help him correctly secure speakers in their original packaging to the pallet? Or is it a wishful thinking?

Thanks,
seb
We had to purchase a really small log burner from the UK which we could not get one that size in France...arrived on a pallet in perfect order cost about £220... you could enquire just for information infostovesonline.co.uk ..... based in Devon.... found them to be helpful generally

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Use shiply.co.uk

you list the item and various couriers will bid for the job. You can specify they must package it up.
I’ve used them for various stuff with no issues.

That is quite useful as I'm considering selling some of my downhill bikes/XC and wanted to have someone else do the wrapping, packing and shipping :smashin:

Edit: Address looks to be a .com

sebna

Hire a van and go get them.

They would fit into my car but lockdown and I would have to take a ferry. Too much time wasted.

sebna

Use shiply.co.uk

you list the item and various couriers will bid for the job. You can specify they must package it up.
I’ve used them for various stuff with no issues.

Thank you. That looks like exactly what I am looking for! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom