Looking for advice for a next gen TV

Marzbarz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All

At the moment i have a ue49mu7070 and i am looking to purchase a ps5. I am considering to purchase a new tv and my budget is around £700. Is there anything in this price range worth me upgrading to ? I would prefer to stick to a 49/50 inch however could possibly entertain a 55" if the tv stand is in the middle and not the ends.

I saw the following model
49NANO866NA

is there a good upgrade for me? or should I just hold off and wait until next year.

many thanks

I would stay with your current tv unless you can get the Sony XH900 55 or 49 inch TV.

I would stay with your current tv unless you can get the Sony XH900 55 or 49 inch TV.

Definitely agree with this. No point buying until Black Friday onwards and not at all unless you go for the XH9005, or similar LCD or LG CX.

thank you guys :) , will stick to my current television unless a good deal comes along with the Sony,

Re the sony are the 49 and 55 the same panel or is the 55 a better television? i know often with these screens the 49s arent as good. Also are these Sonys better than the samsung q80 range?

@LCDseeker @tvdavid

Last edited:
thank you guys :) , will stick to my current television unless a good deal comes along with the Sony,

Re the sony are the 49 and 55 the same panel or is the 55 a better television? i know often with these screens the 49s arent as good. Also are these Sonys better than the samsung q80 range?

@LCDseeker @tvdavid

Bigger is always better really, unless you look at the new 48" LG OLED.

Advice will be the same as here from me:

Guys I ended up getting a 49 inch q80 for a very good deal. Will keep it for a short while and upgrade next year at some point. Paid £600 new.

Guys I ended up getting a 49 inch q80 for a very good deal. Will keep it for a short while and upgrade next year at some point. Paid £600 new.

Great price. How did you get it so cheap?

Great price. How did you get it so cheap?

eBay , there’s another one on there for the same price near Manchester area but think that’s an open box one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom