Question Looking for a wireless headset and mic with an easy access mute button (meetings, music, gaming)

drinkturps

The title says it really. I'm looking for a set of wireless headphones (bluetooth or dongle does not matter) that has a microphone with easy access to a mute button. If the mic has an LED on the end to see if you're on mute or not would be a bonus or indeed an audible beep to indicate you are on mute would be good. I'm not a sound quality snob so as long as it works and has a reasonable bass for music and my gaming I'm happy.

Noise cancelling on the mic would be good if I've got the washing machine on or Mrs Turps is chatting in the background. My current wired Seinheiser headphones noise cancelling is really good.

Battery needs to last a working day as I'm often in multiple calls for 4-5 hours a day. Durability is a bonus as I've got a habit of chucking my headset on the keyboard after a bad one!!! Happy to spend up to £100 if it ticks all the boxes.

I'm so fed up of constant boring meetings and spending 5-6 hours a day collaborating with others that I need to go wireless so I can do something far more useful like the going to the loo, putting the kettle on or if it's a particularly dull one, some gardening!

I've trawled through amazon and ebay but I honestly don't know what meets all my needs. There's so much out there and I cannot find a good reference source. If you have any ideas, personal experience, headsets you use or websites you could point me to I'd appreciate it. If I'm demanding too much do let me know! :thumbsup:

aslird

I have a steelseries headset (not wireless but they do make them) that has a red led on the tip of the mic when muted, and a reasonably big mute button on the left ear thing. A wireless version may be out of your budget range however.

Ono

Logitech G533 - this is what I have and I love them.

The mute button is on the left ear cup and there is an audible noise when muted and unmuted.

It does have noise cancellation mic but if you can always add the NVidia Noise Cancelling which is really very good.

Battery life is easily a day of gaming (15 hrs stated ) but I recharge mine every day.

Only thing I would say is the range. You can go wireless for about 10m like a lot of Bluetooth devices.

drinkturps

I have a steelseries headset (not wireless but they do make them) that has a red led on the tip of the mic when muted, and a reasonably big mute button on the left ear thing. A wireless version may be out of your budget range however.
Yeah, you're right. Way too much dosh for what I had in mind. They tick all the boxes and look the business though. I've got a euromillions ticket for tonight so you never know.
Logitech G533 - this is what I have and I love them.

The mute button is on the left ear cup and there is an audible noise when muted and unmuted.

It does have noise cancellation mic but if you can always add the NVidia Noise Cancelling which is really very good.

Battery life is easily a day of gaming (15 hrs stated ) but I recharge mine every day.

Only thing I would say is the range. You can go wireless for about 10m like a lot of Bluetooth devices.
Thanks. This looks right up my street. Logitech is also a brand that has served me well over the years. I see one for £115 on amazon but I'll do some more hunting around to see if I can get one cheaper.

drinkturps

@Ono Thought I'd give an update. Been using the G533's for the past few days. I must say I'm very impressed. The 10m range is pretty good so I can answer the door and make a cuppa during my meetings! Battery usage is impressive. About 30% usage in around 4-5 hours of talk time. The volume and mute button took me a little to get used to but they work just fine. Thanks for the recommendation. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom