Looking for a unique wall mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by phatindy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. phatindy

phatindy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a wall mount that will allow me to pull the TV out from the wall and down several inches. I would like to mount it above the mantle of my fireplace but it is awfully high. The top of the TV would be about 7.5 feet up from the floor. I'm not sure if tilting it at a downward angle will suffice. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

I have a 42" Vizio GV42LF, just bought recently.

Of course finding such a mount will screw up the location of my center channel. I'm not sure what to do here.

Any opinions on mounting a TV so high?

If I did a tilt mount I could remove the speakers on the bottom of the set and place them on the mantle which would buy a couple inches (to also keep center channel on the mantle.

2. Member 209117

Member 209117

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You are right this would be a very unique wall bracket I do not know of any suppliers that could offer anything and if they could I am sure it would be very expensive, could you mount it lower than 7.5 ft ?.:(

3. Markatlarks

Markatlarks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    While in hospital recovering from Colon Cancer operation, I spent 10 days staring at just such a support.

All I know is that it operates rather like the light in a dentist surgery. The TV is fixed to this arm and can be pushed both upwards, down and sideways. They were incredibly sturdy as I once needed to pull myself up from my bed!! It took the load...

The hospital (Cornwall - Treliske) have francished the TV / Telephone / Radio kit to an outsource company but I can not remember the name of them.

If you need more info PM me and I will get a nurse to let me have the manufacturer...