1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Tripod......

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mani44, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Mani44

Mani44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all. I have the Panasonic NV-DS28 and I would like to buy one tripod. Do you have any suggestion for about 80€. On-line shop for Europe will be a very big help.
    Thank's.

2. altruist

altruist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally Have a Sony Tripod. Its quite convenient for a Video camera as it has controls like zoom, photo, video rec, power on/off on the pan handle and controls the camera through the lanc socket. Ofcourse this tripod is useful only if your camera has a lanc socket too.
    Apart from these features, just like other tripods, its stable, has a bubble meniscus. I bought it at US and it was $100.
    Bye
    Arul

3. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    altruist,

Which model Sony tripod do you use ?

They are very good, but I have noticed that their heads are not so smooth.

What do you think?

4. Mani44

Mani44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don’t know much about what a tripod must have only that some people told me that is better to be an aluminium one. For the Sony one do you know the model?
    Thanks

5. altruist

altruist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Model no. of the Sony Tripod that I use is
    VCT-D680. There is a higher model which is slightly expensive and has a oil lubricated head for the movement. I guess that one would give real smooth panning.
    Bye
    Arul

6. tokrah

tokrah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Mani44

Mani44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response.
    You have been very helpful with that link

8. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at tripods in Jessops the other day. Can't swear that what I looked at was manfrotto, but I wasn't impressed. All the heads seemed sticky & stiff, some moved with an audible creak!

9. tokrah

tokrah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Arthur s,

What it comes down to is the size of your budget.

Decent light weight smooth panning Tripods start at about £125.00 UK Pounds ($185.00).

I use a tripod that is made from space light NASA approved alloy, 36 bearing Fazzler oil filled head unit that carries a life time guarantee, a Chamiesee Canztec pro quad head unit with built in camera control via Lanc. I payed £1895.00 UK Pounds after a whopping discount of 40% off the retail price, you will not find this spec of tripod easily.

To be quite frank, your not going to get a lot for $80.00, even as an amature videographer, if you have spent $800.00 + on a camera, as a "rule of thumb" you ought to spend at least 15% of what you paid for the camera towards the tripod.:) :) :)

TOKRAH