Looking for a System for around 150 quid. Please help.

jameshardy89

Standard Member
Basically, I'm a bit new to the audio side of things, as I've always been quite happy with my tv speakers.

Now I've realised that it's time to change, so I'm looking at getting a good set of 5.1 speakers -- only problem is, I don't know what exactly it is I need, in more than one way.

The TV I have is SD, but I've got a Panasonic TH42PX70B to be delivered next week, which'l goes along with my V+ box, DVD player, and Wii.

Now, I plan on connecting my V+ box to the tv via HDMI, and the Wii to the tv via component. My current DVD player doesn't do upscaling, so ideally, I'd like a system which comes with a DVD player capable of 1080i, and whatever else it is I need for 5.1 sound.

Is this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HTS...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1199465461&sr=1-14) a good deal?

Will I need anything else in addition to this?

thanks in advance.

K

Kenobi

It's got really good reviews and so I've gone for this myself but can't find it anywhere in stock apart from pixmania but they do it for £159.99.

Dixons, empire direct and amazon have it for £139.99 but they are all out of stock :(

Anyone else know where I can get this at the lower price?

No idea about cables either so can do with some help with that. would i need to buy an HDMI cable?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom