• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for a system builder.

vwdubman

Established Member
I am looking for someone (local to Heathrow) to build a Core i7 PC system for me and overclock it. System spec is:-

Case Antec Nine Hundred Two
Processor Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme
Ram Corsair Triple Channel 1600MHz 6Gb
Cooler Noctua with two fans
Graphics 9800 GX2
Hard Drive Seagate ITb
PSU Antec Truepower 850 watt modular
OS Vista Ulimate 64bit

I am looking for excellent cable management, overclocking the processor and someone who is experienced with both system building and overclocking.

kempez

Prominent Member
I live in Basingstoke mate and am experienced in both overclocking and system building. See Mod Comment: Link removed, I co-founded :)

I assume you mean an actual person, not a company.

Do you want someone to do this for you for a small feee I assume?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 293381

Hi

Nice spec! :)

May I ask - why don't you build it yourself? The overclocking bit can be done later.

Alan

vwdubman

Established Member
I assume you mean an actual person, not a company.

Do you want someone to do this for you for a small feee I assume?

That's what i mean indeed mate & would you be interested?

Hi

Nice spec! :)

May I ask - why don't you build it yourself? The overclocking bit can be done later.

Alan

No experience whatsoever, and I wouldn't mind doing it myself if only my equipment wasn't so dear.

kempez

Prominent Member
Yes I would mate. When are you thinking about building it? Happy to meet and talk you through the process at yours/my house if you would prefer that too. That way next time you would be more confident about the whole thing :)

vwdubman

Established Member
Yes I would mate. When are you thinking about building it? Happy to meet and talk you through the process at yours/my house if you would prefer that too. That way next time you would be more confident about the whole thing :)

That would be brilliant mate and exactly what i was thinking as well.

I live in a flat and wouldn't have enough room so if you don't mind i can come to yours.

My parts which are in transit should arrive by Thu/Fri this week. So you tell me when you are free?

kempez

Prominent Member
I live in a flat too :) I do have a lounge with a big table or my spare room that is suitable for this type of thing though. Dunno how I feel about a stranger coming to my flat (no offence intended, I'm sure it's the same with you), though.

Free this weekend though: Saturday i think best.

I'm on MSN now for a short period if you want to chat, if not I will be on tomorrow day or wednesday?

PM me :)

chris_f

Established Member
Building a pc really is a doddle, just have a google!

The motherboard will come with a manual anyway, why not have a read of that when it arrives.

vwdubman

Established Member
Building a pc really is a doddle, just have a google!

The motherboard will come with a manual anyway, why not have a read of that when it arrives.

I'm a bit nervous to try it on my own (haven't done it for a long time), however with the help of kempez i should start to tinker with the builds again.

kempez

Prominent Member
All done now. The build took longer than I expected due to the case being vry tight and the amount of hardware being very large ;)

All running, stable at a very easy 3.6GHz (1.21v). No hassles at all :)

Pics:

Stuff going in...

attachment.php

And then we were busy, so pics are of final build :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am a bit disappointed with the cable tidying. The case is so small that is virtually impossible to hide them all, which has annoyed me. vwdubman will testify to that tho ;)

Hope it serves you well matey :)

SPI 1m in 11 seconds tbh :)

Attachments

• IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3249.jpg
    IMG_3249.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 267

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
I built my mate an i7 system the other weekend - he has a

Intel i7 920
6Gb Dominator RAM
Asus P6T Mobo
Sapphire HD4870x2 2GB GPU
Sammy Spinpoint 1Tb HD
Antec P190 Case

Cable management time was more or less equal to the build itself!

Attachments

• nearly_done.jpg
    nearly_done.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 65
  • tidycase.jpg
    tidycase.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 62

kempez

Prominent Member
Nice mate, that's how my (non-watercooled/phase change) builds normally look too. The p190 is a lot bigger that the 900 v2. I couldn't believe how small the case was in the flesh.

The supposidly modular PSU doesn't help either, pretty much all the wires were attached already.

If I'd had more time I could have done a little better job of the cabling, but I also then had to install Vista and then overclock it to 3.6ghz too :)

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Sorry mate that was'nt meant as a slight in any way - the P190 has the bottom compartment to stash the PSU cables that are not modular which really helps to lock things away, where the 900 is all open and unless you use a PSU that is completely modular you will always end up with cables that are in view.

Have you done any builds with the clear plastic trunking at all? I saw a build in CustomPC that used it, and it seems to trick the eye slightly to think the cables are not quite as prominant - I will try them when I next upgrade my PC :D

I have recently clocked my Q6600 to 3Ghz and will leave it there - no real added noise but gained a nice free 10+% increase in grunt :D

Edit: The Noctura (which looks really nice!), does that require a base plate (ie remove the motherboard to replace the heatsink?) My mate just used the standard heatsink - I did recommend another but he had spent just under £2k by that point :D as he wanted a spiffy 24" Sammy TV/TFT to top his new machine off.

Last edited:

kempez

Prominent Member
It's OK, didn't take it as a slight, just annoyed at the cable mess. Not seen those cables tidies, but will look. Usually it's not an issue, my cases are normally huge :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ignoring the wires from the rad, which were tidied away after that shot :p

Attachments

• RIMG0143.jpg
    RIMG0143.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 124
  • RIMG0136.jpg
    RIMG0136.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 119

kempez

Prominent Member
Nah that's one of my old projects (Black3D)

New one is sexier with dual water loops :)

Singh400

Distinguished Member
All done now. The build took longer than I expected due to the case being vry tight and the amount of hardware being very large ;)

All running, stable at a very easy 3.6GHz (1.21v). No hassles at all :)

Pics:

Stuff going in...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107229&stc=1&d=1233416490

And then we were busy, so pics are of final build :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107230&stc=1&d=1233416490

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107231&stc=1&d=1233416490

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107232&stc=1&d=1233416490

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107233&stc=1&d=1233416490

I am a bit disappointed with the cable tidying. The case is so small that is virtually impossible to hide them all, which has annoyed me. vwdubman will testify to that tho ;)

Hope it serves you well matey :)

SPI 1m in 11 seconds tbh :)
LOL my Antec 1200 looks EXACTLY like that. Cables everywhere, I routed what I could through the back of the case, but damn you'd think a case that (and HEAVY) would have a good few hiding spots.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom