Looking for a sub to work with my Canton DM50 soundbase..

Aryn86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So i've had my DM50 soundbase by Canton for about 6 months now and it's a great soundbase with good bass overall for the type of system it is (ie a soundbase without a dedicated sub) but due to it's size (it's pretty flat being it's a soundbase) there's only so much bass it can produce but luckily it does contain a subwoofer out port and i'm wanting to take the lower frequencies to another level for when I watch movies, i'm not talking about a slightly more pronounced kick in the lower end i'm looking for more of a heavy impactful rumble that the soundbase itself it not capable of producing.

Simplicity would be prefered as I don't like the thought of fiddling with 20 odd connections and dials, any suggestions are welcome, my budget is about £300 but i'd possibly stretch a little higher for something special ie excellent value for the money.

One suggestion i've recieved from someone was the BK XLS200, which I was told was excellent value for money essentially a £600 sub for a £300 price but i'm reall curious to hear more from some others who have suggestions of what would work nicely. Cheers.

Come to the dark side... ;)

Don't get better VFM than DIY!

SI HT18" Ported Sub Build. | AVForums

:devil:

Or if you'd prefer a 'name', go secondhand to get more for your money :)

Thanks for the suggestions but after some back and forth i've settled on the BK XLS200FF and ordered one today, think for my room (4 by 3 meters) it'll hit the spot nicely (I hope)

That was quick! but I understand the impatience to get bass ;) :)

They are well-rated so I'm sure you'll be very happy, and they have decent re-sale values if/when you fancy upgrading further :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom